Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
esk jewellery, Basic Statistics
You are working for the management of ESK Jewellery as a marketing consultant. The main business of ESK Jewellery is the retailing of diamond jewellery. They opened their first shop on the 1st June 2011. Since then, they have opened ten (10) shops across the city in the locations of the city central district, town centres and housing estates. Most of their shops are located in shopping malls, whereas some of their shops are located in neighbourhood centres. (Neighbourhood centres are the blocks typically located in the centre of the housing estates. Shops can only occupy the ground floors of these blocks.) Although a few members of ESK Jewellery management have good understanding on statistical models and methods, most of the members only have very basic understanding of statistics. It is quite likely that they only know what "mean" means. ESK Jewellery management would like you to study their sales patterns. They are particularly interested in identifying what variables drive "sales value" (i.e. revenue per sale or average price per sale). A market research paper, recently purchased by the management, identified ''''caratage'''' and ''''location'''' as two of the variables (reported as factors) affecting the price. Caratage refers to the size of the diamonds measured in carats. According to the market research paper, the caratage per sale figure was found to be higher in the city shops. Also, the items purchased in the city shops were comparatively more expensive. ESK Jewellery would like to check if this is true in the local market. Your past studies on similar businesses, like watch and cosmetic distribution, indicated that the size of the shop and the wealth of the area influenced purchases. Shop size data were readily available. However, the data for the wealth of the area were not. The average housing rental data were available. Therefore, the rental data of the area have been used in the past studies as a proxy for the wealth. You informed ESK Jewellery that they needed to collect data on price per sale, locations and the sizes of the shops, ''''caratage'''' and the average housing rental of the area that each shop locates. ESK Jewellery randomly selected 1000 transactions from their 10 shops.
1. Organise and present the data by using appropriately chosen charts. Explain why you have chosen the charts you used.
2. Calculate and interpret the measures of location and dispersion for the data. Are all the variables equally suited for being described by the mean and standard deviation? Explain.
3. Compute the probability that the mean caratage is at most 0.23. Compute the probability of a random transaction with a diamond of at most 0.23 carats. What is the difference between the two probabilities you have computed?
Use a suitable hypothesis-testing approach to analyse the sales patterns. You must do the followings:
1. First, state your hypothesis. Then, explain which test(s) you will use to test your hypothesis.
2. Identify and fit a suitable linear regression model to the data.
3. Interpret the relevant statistics from the output generated by your software.
4. Describe the relationship implied by the model you have estimated.
5. Analyse if the assumptions of the models used are valid for the data.
1. Apply an Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), and give an appropriate assessment of your model.
2. Identify any statistical limitations (if any) and give explanations on how they could affect this analysis.
3. Describe possible improvements which you would recommend in terms of how data may be collected and analysed in any follow-up work.
1. Write a 500-word executive summary for ESK Jewellery management. Summarize your analysis with the following:
a. Define the business problem/issue that ESK Jewellery wants to be addressed in your study.
b. Briefly elaborate the analysis/analyses that were found significant in your study.
c. List your findings and explain why these findings were significant.
d. Based on your findings, provide ESK Jewellery management your recommendation(s).
1. Consider the company you are working for, or one you have worked at in the past. Identify a situation in which you believe a linear regression model could be applied. Identify the dependent and explanatory variables of interest for this model.
Posted Date: 3/13/2013 12:00:36 AM | Location : Singapore
Ask an Expert
esk jewellery, Assignment Help, Ask Question on esk jewellery, Get Answer, Expert's Help, esk jewellery Discussions
Write discussion on esk jewellery
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Difference, what is the difference between HISTORIGRAMS and HISTOGRAMS?
what is the difference between HISTORIGRAMS and HISTOGRAMS?
Qualitative features of financial, Conceptual Structure has also resolved s...
Conceptual Structure has also resolved several issues which were uncertain by sales expectations for some time. Activities and dealings that can't be worked by designed financial s
IFRS 9, The company acquired 50000 8% preferencd shares (with a par value o...
The company acquired 50000 8% preferencd shares (with a par value of R4 each) in cross limited on 30 june 2006 for R180000.
depreciation during the financial year, Depreciation during the financial ...
Depreciation during the financial year The Resources which are bought during the economical season and its determined that the Depreciation will be incurred on them @ 10% PA it
How to calculate Median?, Median The median describes the value of the ...
Median The median describes the value of the middle term in data. The data set must be ranked first in increasing order before the middle value is identified. The median separa
accounting, Fenn Museum, a nongovernmental not-for-profit organization, ha...
Fenn Museum, a nongovernmental not-for-profit organization, had the following balances in its statement of functional expenses: Education $300,000 Fundraising 250,000 Management an
A congruential unit random number generator, Suppose the arrival times of p...
Suppose the arrival times of phone calls in a help centre follow a Poisson process with rate 20 per hour (so the inter-arrival times are independent exponential random variables).
Calculate and interpret, U.S. College presidents have described alcohol abu...
U.S. College presidents have described alcohol abuse as the number one problem on campus. How common is it? As a super crackerjack student, you conducted a survey of 17,096 stude
Define payroll withholdings, Define Payroll Withholdings The U. S. earn...
Define Payroll Withholdings The U. S. earnings tax system-as well as most condition earnings tax systems-requires business employers to hold paycheck taxation from their staff'
Determine the variance, A gambling machines works in the following way. The...
A gambling machines works in the following way. The player inserts a penny into 1 of 5 slots which are colored Blue, Red, Orange, Yellow & Green corresponding to 5 colored light bu
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.