Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Due April 8
a) Produce some initial summary statistics of the data.
b) State the hypotheses that will be tested.
Show me advanced results (analyses, not write-up/paper)
Due April 15
You have to provide me with a report that should be no more than 5-pages long of text, double spaced, 12 point, Times New Roman font, with 1 inch margins. It should include the following short sections:
i) Explain properly the research questions of the original paper you are replicating.
ii) Explain which of those questions you will replicate, and what information they could give you. Also, I expect that you will try other hypotheses.
iii) Description of the data.
iv) Econometric methods used to analyze the data. Here is very important that you justify (explain) why the method used a particular method (why use IV or fixed effects, or run a differences-in-differences regression, etc.).
v) Analysis of results (which should be presented in nice tabular form).
vi) Evaluation of the appropriateness of the utilized econometric method(s). Do we believe the results?
vii) Conclusions and suggestions for improvement of the research.
viii) Tables with results do not count for the 5-page limit. An appendix with the computer code (Stata “do” and “log” files) used in analyzing the data should be included. Also a no more than one-page appendix explaining the construction of any new variables you may have created, could be included.
The objective of this project is to make you follow the process a researcher would normally follow to conduct a research project, of course adjusted by the fact that you have only several weeks to work on it.
So, you are expected to do the following things (this is not an exhaustive list, these are just guidelines to help you through the process):
1) Read the original paper associated to the topic you chose. Think what hypotheses you would be interested in replicating of the original paper, and more importantly, which new ones you could pursue.
3) Analyze the data to understand it properly (the data is in Blackboard). For example, you should analyze outliers etc. or create any additional variables that you need to for your analyses.
4) You should produce a table of summary statistics (and present it) to understand the data. Also, do graphs, etc. (and present the ones you think are worth mentioning) to see any correlations, outliers, etc. that may be causing a problem.
5) Run several regression models building them up and down. (start with a benchmark model, add terms, subtract terms, test model specifications, etc.).
6) Justify why the author (and you) select a particular methodology (why use IV, fixed effects, etc.). Criticize the methodology if you think that there are issues with it.
7) Present your regression results in a few tables. (proper organization of results is very important).
8) Analyze any shortcomings of your methods, data, results, etc.
9) Write clear conclusions.
10) Make suggestions to test your hypothesis with an “ideal” dataset not subject to some of the shortcomings of the data.
The pdf is for the hypothesis and the dta file is for the STATA and other analysis. Could you let me know if you can work with this?
Thank you for your time.
Posted Date: 4/4/2012 6:50:30 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Econometrics, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Econometrics, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Econometrics Discussions
Write discussion on Econometrics
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Consumer surplus, using necessary and sufficient condition explain consumer...
using necessary and sufficient condition explain consumer surplus diagrammically and mathematically?
Illustrate the concept of production possibility curve, Differentiate the d...
Differentiate the definition of economics as given by Prof. Marshall and Prof.Robbins. Illustrate the concept of production possibility curve .How PPC is helpful to solve econom
Determine the oldest ideas in economics, Determine the oldest ideas in econ...
Determine the oldest ideas in economics One of the oldest ideas in economics is that increases in technology certainly run into natural resource scarcity and so lead to increas
Types of privatisation of the economy, Privatisation in the narrow sense ca...
Privatisation in the narrow sense can take several forms: a) Total Denationalisation: This implies complete transfer of ownership of apublic enterprise to private hands. Some
Elasticity of Demand, the price elasticity for gizmos is known to be 1, if ...
the price elasticity for gizmos is known to be 1, if sellers of gizmos increase their
Nash equilibrium, what is a sub game perfect Nash equilibrium
what is a sub game perfect Nash equilibrium
Demand, what are tne methots of demand forecasting ?
what are tne methots of demand forecasting ?
Agricultural growth and productivity trends, AGRICULTURAL GROWTH AND PRODUC...
AGRICULTURAL GROWTH AND PRODUCTIVITY TRENDS: Despite a steady decline in the share of agriculture in the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of India, this sector continues to remain
Elasticities of demand, The price of a laptop increases by 20% and there is...
The price of a laptop increases by 20% and there is a 40% drop in the quantity demanded.
Sample Exams, Hi, My Econ prof gives out a sample exam two days before we t...
Hi, My Econ prof gives out a sample exam two days before we take the real exam. If I were to submit the sample exam to you, how long would it take to get the answers back?
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.