Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Due April 8
a) Produce some initial summary statistics of the data.
b) State the hypotheses that will be tested.
Show me advanced results (analyses, not write-up/paper)
Due April 15
You have to provide me with a report that should be no more than 5-pages long of text, double spaced, 12 point, Times New Roman font, with 1 inch margins. It should include the following short sections:
i) Explain properly the research questions of the original paper you are replicating.
ii) Explain which of those questions you will replicate, and what information they could give you. Also, I expect that you will try other hypotheses.
iii) Description of the data.
iv) Econometric methods used to analyze the data. Here is very important that you justify (explain) why the method used a particular method (why use IV or fixed effects, or run a differences-in-differences regression, etc.).
v) Analysis of results (which should be presented in nice tabular form).
vi) Evaluation of the appropriateness of the utilized econometric method(s). Do we believe the results?
vii) Conclusions and suggestions for improvement of the research.
viii) Tables with results do not count for the 5-page limit. An appendix with the computer code (Stata “do” and “log” files) used in analyzing the data should be included. Also a no more than one-page appendix explaining the construction of any new variables you may have created, could be included.
The objective of this project is to make you follow the process a researcher would normally follow to conduct a research project, of course adjusted by the fact that you have only several weeks to work on it.
So, you are expected to do the following things (this is not an exhaustive list, these are just guidelines to help you through the process):
1) Read the original paper associated to the topic you chose. Think what hypotheses you would be interested in replicating of the original paper, and more importantly, which new ones you could pursue.
3) Analyze the data to understand it properly (the data is in Blackboard). For example, you should analyze outliers etc. or create any additional variables that you need to for your analyses.
4) You should produce a table of summary statistics (and present it) to understand the data. Also, do graphs, etc. (and present the ones you think are worth mentioning) to see any correlations, outliers, etc. that may be causing a problem.
5) Run several regression models building them up and down. (start with a benchmark model, add terms, subtract terms, test model specifications, etc.).
6) Justify why the author (and you) select a particular methodology (why use IV, fixed effects, etc.). Criticize the methodology if you think that there are issues with it.
7) Present your regression results in a few tables. (proper organization of results is very important).
8) Analyze any shortcomings of your methods, data, results, etc.
9) Write clear conclusions.
10) Make suggestions to test your hypothesis with an “ideal” dataset not subject to some of the shortcomings of the data.
The pdf is for the hypothesis and the dta file is for the STATA and other analysis. Could you let me know if you can work with this?
Thank you for your time.
Posted Date: 4/4/2012 6:50:30 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Econometrics, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Econometrics, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Econometrics Discussions
Write discussion on Econometrics
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Types of price discrimination, First Degree Price Discrimination - The mono...
First Degree Price Discrimination - The monopolist sells different units of the commodity at different prices which differ from person to person. Second Degree Price Discriminat
Marginal product of every of the two inputs, (Cost minimization) a) Wh...
(Cost minimization) a) What are the expressions for the marginal product of every of the two inputs in producing credit hours? b) What is the expression for the marginal r
Distinguish between of trade and the balance of trade, Distinguish among th...
Distinguish among the terms of trade and the balance of trade for a country. Definition of terms of trade a) The amount of a given amount of export goods essential to buy
Gauss jordan ellimination method, x-3y+6z=1 2x-5y+10z=0 3x-8y+17z=1
x-3y+6z=1 2x-5y+10z=0 3x-8y+17z=1
Cost function, function with equation,variable,parameter
function with equation,variable,parameter
Role of infrastructure in the economy, ROLE OF INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE ECONOM...
ROLE OF INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE ECONOMY: Economic Infrastructure produces services that directly facilitate and are basic to the carrying out of a wide variety of economic activ
Define the concept of opportunity cost, 1. Define the concept of opportunit...
1. Define the concept of opportunity cost in your own words. Given an example from your own life of the opportunity cost of a decision (do NOT use classroom examples). Explain why
Demand theory, what are some of recent development in theory of demand
what are some of recent development in theory of demand
Determine the net present value, A potential investment project has the fol...
A potential investment project has the following stream of annual social (benefits minus costs), where you may assume the project starts with the capital payment of $12,000 on Day
Law of demand, Give two level of incomes 100$ and 150$ DRAW demand curve fo...
Give two level of incomes 100$ and 150$ DRAW demand curve for individual a & b and then draw market demand curve for these two different kind of income
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.