Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Due April 8
a) Produce some initial summary statistics of the data.
b) State the hypotheses that will be tested.
Show me advanced results (analyses, not write-up/paper)
Due April 15
You have to provide me with a report that should be no more than 5-pages long of text, double spaced, 12 point, Times New Roman font, with 1 inch margins. It should include the following short sections:
i) Explain properly the research questions of the original paper you are replicating.
ii) Explain which of those questions you will replicate, and what information they could give you. Also, I expect that you will try other hypotheses.
iii) Description of the data.
iv) Econometric methods used to analyze the data. Here is very important that you justify (explain) why the method used a particular method (why use IV or fixed effects, or run a differences-in-differences regression, etc.).
v) Analysis of results (which should be presented in nice tabular form).
vi) Evaluation of the appropriateness of the utilized econometric method(s). Do we believe the results?
vii) Conclusions and suggestions for improvement of the research.
viii) Tables with results do not count for the 5-page limit. An appendix with the computer code (Stata “do” and “log” files) used in analyzing the data should be included. Also a no more than one-page appendix explaining the construction of any new variables you may have created, could be included.
The objective of this project is to make you follow the process a researcher would normally follow to conduct a research project, of course adjusted by the fact that you have only several weeks to work on it.
So, you are expected to do the following things (this is not an exhaustive list, these are just guidelines to help you through the process):
1) Read the original paper associated to the topic you chose. Think what hypotheses you would be interested in replicating of the original paper, and more importantly, which new ones you could pursue.
3) Analyze the data to understand it properly (the data is in Blackboard). For example, you should analyze outliers etc. or create any additional variables that you need to for your analyses.
4) You should produce a table of summary statistics (and present it) to understand the data. Also, do graphs, etc. (and present the ones you think are worth mentioning) to see any correlations, outliers, etc. that may be causing a problem.
5) Run several regression models building them up and down. (start with a benchmark model, add terms, subtract terms, test model specifications, etc.).
6) Justify why the author (and you) select a particular methodology (why use IV, fixed effects, etc.). Criticize the methodology if you think that there are issues with it.
7) Present your regression results in a few tables. (proper organization of results is very important).
8) Analyze any shortcomings of your methods, data, results, etc.
9) Write clear conclusions.
10) Make suggestions to test your hypothesis with an “ideal” dataset not subject to some of the shortcomings of the data.
The pdf is for the hypothesis and the dta file is for the STATA and other analysis. Could you let me know if you can work with this?
Thank you for your time.
Posted Date: 4/4/2012 6:50:30 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Econometrics, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Econometrics, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Econometrics Discussions
Write discussion on Econometrics
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Cost curves, what are the various types of cost curves?
what are the various types of cost curves?
Economic growth, In his 2009 budget proposal for the U.S., President Obama ...
In his 2009 budget proposal for the U.S., President Obama wrote, "Unfortunately, we are also inheriting the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression which will force us to
Q=8L^1/2, what is the profit maximising quantity of L
what is the profit maximising quantity of L
Determine household production from the national accounts, What have been s...
What have been some justifications given for the historical exclusion of household production from the national accounts? Some reasons have included: a. households are not p
Stoichiometry , Mg(OH)2 + 2HCl-----> MgCl2 +2H2O how many grams of magnesiu...
Mg(OH)2 + 2HCl-----> MgCl2 +2H2O how many grams of magnesium chloride can be produced from 14.60mL of a 0.546M hydrogen chloride solution?
MIF, What is the purpose of the IMF and why might the IMF be called the “le...
What is the purpose of the IMF and why might the IMF be called the “lender of last resort”? Discuss how three of the tools they use for establishing economic stability in a country
Purchasing power parity, Purchasing power parity: When PPP holds, the ...
Purchasing power parity: When PPP holds, the domestic currency has the same purchasing power at home and in any other country. PPP also implies that a foreign currency will de
Economic chart analysis., show this in a pie chart age = under 20|number of...
show this in a pie chart age = under 20|number of people = 20.90
Poverty, Poverty: A state of having inadequate income or other resources to...
Poverty: A state of having inadequate income or other resources to support a household (or group of households) at a basic standard of living. Poverty can be measured in absoluterr
Production possibility curve, what are things you need to look in manner of...
what are things you need to look in manner of functions,elements,purpose,types and definitions?
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.