Examine each of the items listed below to determine which items include statements that 3) would indicate that manufacturing diversity exists.
Required: Label the items that include a statement that indicates that diversity exists with the letter "D" for diversity. If a statement does not indicate that diversity exists, label it with the letter "N" for no diversity.
1. The company uses several machines and there are several processes but it only manufactures one product
2. A company manufactures several products and manufacturing processes differ from one product to the next
3. Products are made on the same equipment and require the same production processes, but some products require more quality inspections than others
4. Low volume and high volume products are made in identical production processes
5. The company manufactures complex products
6. Products are similar and are made on the same machinery, but some require more components parts than other products
7. Product X requires more engineering than product Y requires
8. The manufacturer has only one production process
9. Product AJ is made on a machine costing $568,000; product DJ is made on a machine costing $67,860
10. A company uses the same equipment to manufacture simple and complex products.