Detemine lambda , Basic Statistics

A.  A computer rejuvenation facility receives systems from the fleet at 24 systems/day (assume this is a Poisson process).  It takes the triage function 30 minutes (assumed exponentially distributed) to assess the refurbishment requirements of a system.  40% of the systems are sent to keyboard replacement, where repairs are done by a lone service agent who takes 60 minutes (exponentially distributed)  to replace the keyboard.  The other 60% are put in the dumpster.

1. Draw the Jackson network.

2. Give R, the routing matrix (you can include the "0" station if you like, your choice)

3. Determine lambda, L, Lq, W, Wq for the keyboard replacement station.

4. What is the distribution of the time between arrivals at the keyboard replacement station?

5. The facility experiences a budget cut, causing the triage processor to slow down because his teeth hurt (his dental insurance got cut!)  How slow can the triage agent become before his speed becomes a problem (slows the system down in some way)?

6. What is the total time it takes a typical computer to process through the entire system, assuming it is not junked?

The dumpster holds 10 computers, and is emptied once per day (deterministic).  What is the probability it overflows...

7. On a random day?

8. Sometime during a random week?

Posted Date: 4/6/2013 6:13:57 AM | Location : United States







Related Discussions:- Detemine lambda , Assignment Help, Ask Question on Detemine lambda , Get Answer, Expert's Help, Detemine lambda Discussions

Write discussion on Detemine lambda
Your posts are moderated
Related Questions
formula for calculating paasches quantity index

Kenneth Su Gold Corp (KSGC) is considering the purchase of a new piece of machinery. The new machinery would cost $80,000. You are given the following facts: The new machine

Question: (a) Suppose that 100 tires made by Bridgestone last on average 21,819 miles with a standard deviation of 1,295 miles. Test the null hypothesis µ = 22, 000 miles again

customer behaviour in accounting felid of study

#quea national poll of 1836 respondents indicated that 36% support the NDP. Test whether this is sufficient evidence to show that the NDP support has increased since the election.

I was recently buying shoes when the salesperson commented on how large my feet were. After telling him he had lousy sales techniques, I decided to investigate if I really do have

Define why Equipment show up on a profit and loss statement? The buy of devices that will be used in a business is not revealed on the revenue and reduction declaration. Howeve

Explain the Financial Accounting. Under the Financial Accounting System the producing of economic purchase are done in the Cash and Publication, in other Bookkeeping as Sales, P

Using 1 st order models shown in homework 2 solution determine the probability of coding region in frame two for DNA fragment AGTAGCTTCCAG. Use only parameters provided in the hom

Long Term Credit Decision In no more than one typed page, provide a statement of your decision to lend or not lend to this company based on your interpretation of the company'