The aim of this Assignment is to demonstrate knowledge about the analysis and design of a software system and understanding of the application of an object-oriented methodology.
For the system specified in Section II, you are required to produce a short assumptions statement and Rational Rose project file (any other format would be acceptable too) containing the analysis and design for this system, following the object-oriented methodology taught in this module (which is based on the Rational Unified process). These two requirements are detailed below and the percentage of marks for each is indicated.
This should contain, in a maximum of two A4 sides, any assumptions or modelling decisions that you have made in order to clarify or remove uncertainty from the system requirements specification (in Section II ‘Assessment Scenario/Problem' below).
Analysis and Design:
The analysis and design should be carried out using Rational Rose to produce:
• A Use case diagram showing use cases for all the requirements
• A Use case description for each use case
• Sequence diagrams for each use case
• The Class diagram
- include all attributes, operations and associations
• A State Machine diagram for one of the principal classes