Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Basic Computer Science
• The fundamental idea is straightforward: each process is assigned a priority, and priority is permitted to run. Equal-Priority processes are scheduled in FCFS order. The shortest-Job-First (SJF) algorithm is a special case of general priority scheduling algorithm.
• Priority can be defined either internally or outwardly. Internally distinct priorities use some measurable quantities or behaviors to compute priority of a process.
• An SJF algorithm is simply a priority algorithm where the priority is the inverse of the (predicted) next CPU burst. That is, the longer the CPU explodes, the lower the priority and vice versa.
Illustrations of Internal priorities are
• Memory necessities.
• CPU Vs I/O necessities.
• File necessities,
for example, number of open files.
Externally distinct priorities are set by criteria that are external to operating system for example:
• The significance of process.
• Kind or amount of funds being rewarded for computer use.
• The division sponsoring the work.
• A preemptive priority algorithm will preemptive the CPU if the priority of the newly arrival process is higher than the priority of the currently running process.
• This scheduling can be either preemptive or non preemptive
• A non-preemptive priority algorithm will simply put the new process at the head of the ready queue.
A major trouble with priority scheduling is indefinite blocking or starvation. A solution to the trouble of indefinite blockage of the low-priority process is aging. Aging is a method of gradually increasing the priority of processes that wait in the system for an extended period of time.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:39:06 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system? Discussions
Write discussion on Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
E-mail, E-MAIL: Internet has changed the art of writing letters to ema...
E-MAIL: Internet has changed the art of writing letters to email. Email is one of the ways on Internet to send messages to another person across the network. E-mail and posta
Machine Learning, Hi I have a 8 question machine learning problem sheet due...
Hi I have a 8 question machine learning problem sheet due to the 25th of december. The exercises require knowledge of basic classifiers, logistic regression, naive bayes, mixture o
Software evolution, SOFTWARE EVOLUTION: As you know that in a compute...
SOFTWARE EVOLUTION: As you know that in a computer system both hardware and software complement each other - one is of hardly any use without the other. Hence, since the ve
Reasons for recommendation free and open source software, For multi-nationa...
For multi-national business IT system, free and open source software (FOSS) is recommended over a proprietary system. The reasons for this recommendation are: 1. Security I
Word processing software, Word Processing Software : The main use for word...
Word Processing Software : The main use for word processing is found in secretarial offices and small publishing companies. However, if you are involved in generating your own cor
Configuration of a pc, Configuration of a PC: Generally, when you thin...
Configuration of a PC: Generally, when you think of purchasing a Computer, you first try to exactly know what will be the hardware components such as processor, memory etc. of
Wat do u do, can u write my assignment for me
can u write my assignment for me
Need a help, i am currently studying my computer science engineering 2nd yr...
i am currently studying my computer science engineering 2nd yr. i am unable to select what specification should i take please help me
Explain the working of character recognition, Question 1 Explain the follo...
Question 1 Explain the following terms associated with Pattern Recognition Features Collection Question 2 Explain the working of character recognition with a suit
Overview of a computer system, Overview of a Computer System The...
Overview of a Computer System There are three major elements in every computer solution. They are: Data Hardware Software Hardware + Softwa
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.