Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Basic Computer Science
• The fundamental idea is straightforward: each process is assigned a priority, and priority is permitted to run. Equal-Priority processes are scheduled in FCFS order. The shortest-Job-First (SJF) algorithm is a special case of general priority scheduling algorithm.
• Priority can be defined either internally or outwardly. Internally distinct priorities use some measurable quantities or behaviors to compute priority of a process.
• An SJF algorithm is simply a priority algorithm where the priority is the inverse of the (predicted) next CPU burst. That is, the longer the CPU explodes, the lower the priority and vice versa.
Illustrations of Internal priorities are
• Memory necessities.
• CPU Vs I/O necessities.
• File necessities,
for example, number of open files.
Externally distinct priorities are set by criteria that are external to operating system for example:
• The significance of process.
• Kind or amount of funds being rewarded for computer use.
• The division sponsoring the work.
• A preemptive priority algorithm will preemptive the CPU if the priority of the newly arrival process is higher than the priority of the currently running process.
• This scheduling can be either preemptive or non preemptive
• A non-preemptive priority algorithm will simply put the new process at the head of the ready queue.
A major trouble with priority scheduling is indefinite blocking or starvation. A solution to the trouble of indefinite blockage of the low-priority process is aging. Aging is a method of gradually increasing the priority of processes that wait in the system for an extended period of time.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:39:06 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system? Discussions
Write discussion on Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Random access memory (ram), RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM): The RAM-type me...
RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM): The RAM-type memory will allow data to be written into it, as well as read from it. With very few exceptions, RAMS lose their contents when the powe
Time sharing system , Time Sharing System: With the use multiprogrammi...
Time Sharing System: With the use multiprogramming, the batch processing can be quite efficient. However, for many jobs, it is desirable to provide a mode in which the user i
What isit, what can you do and what and how who can becbgbfbvuidfgvbkjfdhvb...
what can you do and what and how who can becbgbfbvuidfgvbkjfdhvb98dshrnfjkbhqdbnfiubnfdjbhdfiubndfubhfdbhfdiubhdfuibhyfdubhdfbhfbhdf8u
Hypertext markup language (html), HTML is a Formatting language which is mo...
HTML is a Formatting language which is most commonly used for web documents.
What is multi-protocol label switching (mpls), QUESTION (a) What is Mul...
QUESTION (a) What is Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)? List the main advantage of running MPLS in a service provider network (b) What is a label? Explain the structure
Convert string to super ascii, A string S is said to be "Super ASCII", if i...
A string S is said to be "Super ASCII", if it contains the character frequency equal to their ascii values. String will contain only lower case alphabets (''''''''a''''''''-'''''''
The central processing unit (cpu), THE CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT (CPU): T...
THE CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT (CPU): The CPU is the heart of any computing system. It executes the individual machine instructions, which make up a program. The CPU is formed fr
Python Strings and Python Lists, Python Strings: Strings in Python are rec...
Python Strings: Strings in Python are recognized as an adjacent set of characters in among quotation marks. Python permits for either pairs of single or double quotes. Subsets of s
Trap doors and Logic Bombs, Trap doors: This is a way of bypassing normal...
Trap doors: This is a way of bypassing normal authentication procedure (windows/ operating system user name and password) to access a system. Once a system is compromised (impac
Assignment, Hi I have an assignment can you help me ?
Hi I have an assignment can you help me ?
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.