Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Basic Computer Science
• The fundamental idea is straightforward: each process is assigned a priority, and priority is permitted to run. Equal-Priority processes are scheduled in FCFS order. The shortest-Job-First (SJF) algorithm is a special case of general priority scheduling algorithm.
• Priority can be defined either internally or outwardly. Internally distinct priorities use some measurable quantities or behaviors to compute priority of a process.
• An SJF algorithm is simply a priority algorithm where the priority is the inverse of the (predicted) next CPU burst. That is, the longer the CPU explodes, the lower the priority and vice versa.
Illustrations of Internal priorities are
• Memory necessities.
• CPU Vs I/O necessities.
• File necessities,
for example, number of open files.
Externally distinct priorities are set by criteria that are external to operating system for example:
• The significance of process.
• Kind or amount of funds being rewarded for computer use.
• The division sponsoring the work.
• A preemptive priority algorithm will preemptive the CPU if the priority of the newly arrival process is higher than the priority of the currently running process.
• This scheduling can be either preemptive or non preemptive
• A non-preemptive priority algorithm will simply put the new process at the head of the ready queue.
A major trouble with priority scheduling is indefinite blocking or starvation. A solution to the trouble of indefinite blockage of the low-priority process is aging. Aging is a method of gradually increasing the priority of processes that wait in the system for an extended period of time.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:39:06 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system? Discussions
Write discussion on Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Web Design Project, Hello - What is the turn around time for a 6 page websi...
Hello - What is the turn around time for a 6 page website.
What do you mean by an interrupt, Question 1 . Explain briefly the function...
Question 1 . Explain briefly the functional units of a computer Question 2 . What do you mean by an interrupt Question 3 . Explain fetching a word from the memory
Consistency or data in dbms, Consistency or data in DBMS Consistency - da...
Consistency or data in DBMS Consistency - data in DBMS(Database) is accurate in modeling real world, follows integrity constraints User may ensure transaction consistent by itsel
Project, how to set up the location (e.g. plaza, hall of fame, lecture thea...
how to set up the location (e.g. plaza, hall of fame, lecture theater or etc.) and services that will be used during the exhibition; devices needed; and finally produced a compreh
Explain erlang family of distributions of service times, Question 1 Explai...
Question 1 Explain the structure of Mathematical Model in your own words Question 2 Describe Erlang family of distributions of service times Question 3 Describe the algo
Digital logic design, encoder
Write a brief note on firewalls, Question 1 Explain the TCP/IP protocol la...
Question 1 Explain the TCP/IP protocol layers Question 2 Write a note Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI) Question 3 Discuss on File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
What is Assembler Programming?, To build assembler programs with TASM prog...
To build assembler programs with TASM programs is a different program structure than from using debug program. It''s important to comprise the subsequent assembler commands: ..CODE
Logic gates:truth table, truth table:x^yvz
Artificial intelligence-long term goals, Simple Tasks to Accomplish Once...
Simple Tasks to Accomplish Once you've worried for why you're performing AI, what has inspired you and how you're going to approach the job, then you can initialize to think for
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.