Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Basic Computer Science
• The fundamental idea is straightforward: each process is assigned a priority, and priority is permitted to run. Equal-Priority processes are scheduled in FCFS order. The shortest-Job-First (SJF) algorithm is a special case of general priority scheduling algorithm.
• Priority can be defined either internally or outwardly. Internally distinct priorities use some measurable quantities or behaviors to compute priority of a process.
• An SJF algorithm is simply a priority algorithm where the priority is the inverse of the (predicted) next CPU burst. That is, the longer the CPU explodes, the lower the priority and vice versa.
Illustrations of Internal priorities are
• Memory necessities.
• CPU Vs I/O necessities.
• File necessities,
for example, number of open files.
Externally distinct priorities are set by criteria that are external to operating system for example:
• The significance of process.
• Kind or amount of funds being rewarded for computer use.
• The division sponsoring the work.
• A preemptive priority algorithm will preemptive the CPU if the priority of the newly arrival process is higher than the priority of the currently running process.
• This scheduling can be either preemptive or non preemptive
• A non-preemptive priority algorithm will simply put the new process at the head of the ready queue.
A major trouble with priority scheduling is indefinite blocking or starvation. A solution to the trouble of indefinite blockage of the low-priority process is aging. Aging is a method of gradually increasing the priority of processes that wait in the system for an extended period of time.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:39:06 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system? Discussions
Write discussion on Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Assignment 4, Briefly explain all the networking components and devices tha...
Briefly explain all the networking components and devices that are needed to set up a computer network. This is just a brief explanation of devices needed and their reason for usin
Outdoor patient department features - a patient registry, A Patient Regist...
A Patient Registry Name, Surname and Address Sex Caste Contact Numbers Area (Rural/Urban/Suburban) City/District State General Examination deta
Research and development , Research and Development All intellectual ...
Research and Development All intellectual activities consciously pursued and systematically completed generate useful information. Research (also Research and Development) is
Define server clustering, Question 1 Discuss the impacts of disaster faced...
Question 1 Discuss the impacts of disaster faced by the organization Question 2 Explains the steps involved in disaster recovery planning Question 3 What do you mean by
Artificial intelligence-specifying search problems, Specifying Search Probl...
Specifying Search Problems In our agent expressions, a problem to be solved is a specific task where the agent starts with the atmosphere in a given state and acts upon the env
Idk, A rock weighs 33.6 N on Planet X and 49 N on Earth. What is g on Plane...
A rock weighs 33.6 N on Planet X and 49 N on Earth. What is g on Planet X
Perverse software, Perverse software: Perverse software is a program w...
Perverse software: Perverse software is a program which causes hindrances in other programs execution in such a way resulting in modification or complete destruction of data w
What is structure, Problem 1 Write a recursive function to find sum of ...
Problem 1 Write a recursive function to find sum of even numbers from 2 to 50 Writing function and explanation Problem 2 What is structure? Explain how structu
Optical fibres, Optical Fibres: Coaxial cables have limitations such a...
Optical Fibres: Coaxial cables have limitations such as broadband transmission medium which can be overcome by the use of optical fibres. Optical fibres carry light waves (rep
Cai, what is cai
what is cai
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.