Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Basic Computer Science
• The fundamental idea is straightforward: each process is assigned a priority, and priority is permitted to run. Equal-Priority processes are scheduled in FCFS order. The shortest-Job-First (SJF) algorithm is a special case of general priority scheduling algorithm.
• Priority can be defined either internally or outwardly. Internally distinct priorities use some measurable quantities or behaviors to compute priority of a process.
• An SJF algorithm is simply a priority algorithm where the priority is the inverse of the (predicted) next CPU burst. That is, the longer the CPU explodes, the lower the priority and vice versa.
Illustrations of Internal priorities are
• Memory necessities.
• CPU Vs I/O necessities.
• File necessities,
for example, number of open files.
Externally distinct priorities are set by criteria that are external to operating system for example:
• The significance of process.
• Kind or amount of funds being rewarded for computer use.
• The division sponsoring the work.
• A preemptive priority algorithm will preemptive the CPU if the priority of the newly arrival process is higher than the priority of the currently running process.
• This scheduling can be either preemptive or non preemptive
• A non-preemptive priority algorithm will simply put the new process at the head of the ready queue.
A major trouble with priority scheduling is indefinite blocking or starvation. A solution to the trouble of indefinite blockage of the low-priority process is aging. Aging is a method of gradually increasing the priority of processes that wait in the system for an extended period of time.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:39:06 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system? Discussions
Write discussion on Describe Priority Scheduling algorithm of operating system?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Compare between file processing system and dbms, Problem a. Compare bet...
Problem a. Compare between file processing system and DBMS >>This is a comparison of DBMS with file processing system which the answer has to be searched from the GOOGLE an
Data representations, explain data representation in details
explain data representation in details
Project, how to set up the location (e.g. plaza, hall of fame, lecture thea...
how to set up the location (e.g. plaza, hall of fame, lecture theater or etc.) and services that will be used during the exhibition; devices needed; and finally produced a compreh
CAI, what is CAI? explain its pit falls.
what is CAI? explain its pit falls.
Assembly language, Questions 1) Polynomial Integrals Problem: Write an X86-...
Questions 1) Polynomial Integrals Problem: Write an X86-series assembly language program that calculates and prints out (in a nice form) the indefinite integral of a simple polynom
Info Systems Management, Assignment 1: Project Management and Information ...
Assignment 1: Project Management and Information Security 2-3 page paper in which you: 1. Explicate in detail the importance of project management as it relate to an informatio
Alternative approaches for acquiring software, Alternative approaches for a...
Alternative approaches for acquiring software: There are some alternative approaches for acquiring software. They are: i) 'off the shelf' software package ii) 'turnk
Data autonomous transmission, DATA AUTONOMOUS TRANSMISSION: This could ...
DATA AUTONOMOUS TRANSMISSION: This could be the possible replacement for the ARINC 429 standard and will be annotated the standard - ARINC 629. In the DATAC system, the contro
Programming c language, sin^2*a+cos^2*a=1
Synchronizing Threads in python, The threading module offered with Python i...
The threading module offered with Python includes a simple-to-implement locking mechanism that will permit you to synchronize threads. A new lock is formed by calling the Lock() me
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.