Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
define Shortest-Job-First (SJF) Scheduling ?, Basic Computer Science
• It is also known as Shortest-Process-Next (SPN).
• Shortest-Job-First (SJF) is a non-preemptive order in which waiting job (or process) with the smallest predictable run-time-to-completion is run next. In other language, when CPU is available, it is allotted to the process that has smallest next CPU burst.
• The SJF scheduling is mainly suitable for batch jobs for which the run times are known in advance. Since the SJF scheduling algorithm gives the minimum average time for a given set of processes, it is almost certainly optimal.
• The SJF algorithm helps short jobs (or processors) at the cost of longer ones.
• The understandable problem with SJF scheme is that it requires precise acquaintance of how long a job or process will run, and this information is not generally available.
• In the production environment where the same jobs run frequently, it may be possible to provide reasonable estimate of run time, based on the past presentation of the process. But in the development environment users not often know how their program will execute.
• The best SJF algorithm can do is to rely on user approximation of run times.
• Like FCFS, SJF is non preemptive therefore, it is not helpful in timesharing environment in which reasonable answer time must be sure.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:34:44 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
define Shortest-Job-First (SJF) Scheduling ?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on define Shortest-Job-First (SJF) Scheduling ?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, define Shortest-Job-First (SJF) Scheduling ? Discussions
Write discussion on define Shortest-Job-First (SJF) Scheduling ?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
How should an ideal hospital software be? , How Should an Ideal Software be...
How Should an Ideal Software be? It should be easy to operate, with minimal training of nursing personnel. Should be reliable, and thoroughly tested in various nur
Write a schema for the operation of ending a game, QUESTION 1 We need ...
QUESTION 1 We need to write Z specifications to record the information about passengers on board an aircraft. Here you are required to produce the specifications using appropr
Microprocessor, 8088 timing system diagram
8088 timing system diagram
Software engineering, what is compose design pattern?
what is compose design pattern?
Desk top publishing program, Desk Top Publishing Program: Desktop publ...
Desk Top Publishing Program: Desktop publishing programs contain many of the features of word processing software, but .go even further in the ability to layout the format of
Arinc 429 data bus specifications, ARINC 429 DATA Bus SPECIFICATIONS: A...
ARINC 429 DATA Bus SPECIFICATIONS: ARINC 429 sets specifications for the transfer of digital data between aircraft electronic system components and is a "One-way" communication
Understanding human intelligence in social, Understanding human intelligenc...
Understanding human intelligence in social AI can be taken as just the current tool in the philosopher's toolbox for answering of questions for the behaviour of human intellig
Cpu modes of operation, fully detailed of cpu modes of operation
fully detailed of cpu modes of operation
Android database file not loading on real device, i have an android app whi...
i have an android app which uses a database file called question db which is stored in the assets file. I have tried a database example called android application development but f
M s word., explain the steps to form a colourful card
explain the steps to form a colourful card
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.