Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
define Multilevel Queue Scheduling?, Basic Computer Science
• A multilevel queue scheduling algorithm divides the ready queue in several separate queues, for example
• In a multilevel queue scheduling processes are lastingly assigned to one queue.
• The processes are permanently allotted to one another, based on some property of the process, for example
• Process type
• Memory size
• Process priority
• Algorithm choose the process from the engaged queue that has the highest priority, and run that process either
• Preemptive or Non-preemptively
• Every queue has its own scheduling algorithm or policy.
• Possibility 1
If every queue has absolute priority over lower-priority queues then no one process in the queue could run unless the queue for the highest-priority processes was all blank.
• As, in the above figure no process in the lot queue could run unless the queues for system processes, interrelting processes, and interactive editing processes will all blank.
• Possibility 2
If there is a time slice between the queues then each and every queue gets a convinced amount of CPU times, which it can then schedule between the processes in its queue. For instance;
• 80% of the CPU time to forefront queues using RR.
• 20% of the CPU time to backdrop queues using FCFS.
• Seeing as processes do not move between queues so, this plan has the advantage of low scheduling overhead, but it is inflexible.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:58:51 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
define Multilevel Queue Scheduling?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on define Multilevel Queue Scheduling?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, define Multilevel Queue Scheduling? Discussions
Write discussion on define Multilevel Queue Scheduling?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Define Interprocess Communication and its race condition?, In view of the f...
In view of the fact that processes frequently need to communicate with other processes therefore, there is require for a well-structured interaction, devoid of using interrupts, a
Describe gamma and its importance, Question 1 Describe HSV and CMYK color ...
Question 1 Describe HSV and CMYK color models Question 2 Describe gamma and its importance Question 3 What are the steps involved in image manipulation? Que
Numerical data , i don''t understand how to create a program using double, ...
i don''t understand how to create a program using double, int, float, short etc
Electronic transmission frequency, Electronic transmission Frequency: ...
Electronic transmission Frequency: Frequency is the rate at which a wave or cycle alternates between high and low (analog mode) or on and off (digital mode). For example, the
Explain actual process of ftp applications, Question 1 How do you inse...
Question 1 How do you insert Image source code in HTML Question 2 Explain actual process of FTP applications Question 3 Write a short note on TIFF BMP
Operating system, Ask question describes deadlock avoidance#Minimum 100 wor...
Ask question describes deadlock avoidance#Minimum 100 words accepted#
C++, Write a C++ program that declares three integers and three strings. Th...
Write a C++ program that declares three integers and three strings. The program prompts the user for three characters and three integers and prints them all on one line.
Differences between wcdma and gsm, Differences between WCDMA and GSM
Differences between WCDMA and GSM
Concept of operating system, Concept of operating system: An operating...
Concept of operating system: An operating system is an essential software component of a computer system. The basic objectives of an operating system are to make the computer
Distinguish between the cryptoprovider and the managed class, QUESTION ...
QUESTION (a) Using the Luhn 10 check formula verify whether the following account number is compliant: 49927398716. Show details of your workings (b) Why is it advisable to
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.