Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
define Multilevel Queue Scheduling?, Basic Computer Science
• A multilevel queue scheduling algorithm divides the ready queue in several separate queues, for example
• In a multilevel queue scheduling processes are lastingly assigned to one queue.
• The processes are permanently allotted to one another, based on some property of the process, for example
• Process type
• Memory size
• Process priority
• Algorithm choose the process from the engaged queue that has the highest priority, and run that process either
• Preemptive or Non-preemptively
• Every queue has its own scheduling algorithm or policy.
• Possibility 1
If every queue has absolute priority over lower-priority queues then no one process in the queue could run unless the queue for the highest-priority processes was all blank.
• As, in the above figure no process in the lot queue could run unless the queues for system processes, interrelting processes, and interactive editing processes will all blank.
• Possibility 2
If there is a time slice between the queues then each and every queue gets a convinced amount of CPU times, which it can then schedule between the processes in its queue. For instance;
• 80% of the CPU time to forefront queues using RR.
• 20% of the CPU time to backdrop queues using FCFS.
• Seeing as processes do not move between queues so, this plan has the advantage of low scheduling overhead, but it is inflexible.
Posted Date: 5/2/2012 8:58:51 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
define Multilevel Queue Scheduling?, Assignment Help, Ask Question on define Multilevel Queue Scheduling?, Get Answer, Expert's Help, define Multilevel Queue Scheduling? Discussions
Write discussion on define Multilevel Queue Scheduling?
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Loading instructions, They are particular register instructions. They are u...
They are particular register instructions. They are used to load bytes or sequences of bytes onto a register. LODS (LODSB) (LODSW) LAHF LDS LEA LES LODS (LODSB) (LODSW) INSTRUCTION
General considerations for search - artificial intelligence, General Consid...
General Considerations for Search If we may specify the starting state, the operators and the goal check for a search problem, then we know from where to start, how to move and
Explain public code archive, Question 1 Explain the various tools used for...
Question 1 Explain the various tools used for open source software development Question 2 Discuss the OSS licensing strategies Question 3 Explain the software developmen
Java programming, what are the phases of oo progarmming or java?
what are the phases of oo progarmming or java?
CAI, what is CAI? explain its pit falls.
what is CAI? explain its pit falls.
System software, System software: System software helps run the compu...
System software: System software helps run the computer hardware and system. It is designed to control the operations of a computer and coordinate all external devices like c
COMPUTER, DUNIYA KA AISA KONSA KOMPUTER HAI. JISME KEYBORD, MOUSE NAHI HAI?...
DUNIYA KA AISA KONSA KOMPUTER HAI. JISME KEYBORD, MOUSE NAHI HAI?
Database reports, The first report, Report #1, is to be an ordered list of ...
The first report, Report #1, is to be an ordered list of the contents of the database, sorted in ascending order by a major field. Report #1 is to include all of the fields and rec
Netbooks, Netbooks: Netbooks are special type of Laptop which is very ...
Netbooks: Netbooks are special type of Laptop which is very light and small. Due to its size and weight it is very portable and one may carry it very easily. Dissimilar to La
Introduction to FCB , There are two kinds of FCB, the normal, whose length...
There are two kinds of FCB, the normal, whose length is 37 bytes and the expanded one of 44 bytes. The FCB is created of data given by the programmer and by data which it takes dir
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.