This project simulates an application called tracker for the Department of Transportation (DOT) in which highway traffic data is accumulated in real time using various sensing equipment. The sensors can passively detect a vehicle and actively inquire further data when that vehicle is a truck. For all vehicles a serial number is collected. The serial number can be decoded to determine the vehicle type (car, truck/van, truck/tanker, truck/flatbed), passenger capacity, and, for trucks, the dimensions of its carrier. Trucks actively respond with their DOT license number as well.
Tracker is set up at a specific point on a roadway, for example at a toll booth or a specific segment of interstate highway. Once activated, it keeps a running account of the passing vehicles. It can report summary data and can keep full reports of all vehicles passing the checkpoint within a certain time block.
1. You are to define and implement the following classes: Box, Cylinder, Plane, Vehicle, Car, Truck, Van, Tanker, and Flatbed.
2. File shapes.h should contain the definitions of the classes Box, Cylinder, and Plane. File shapes.cpp should contain the member function implementations for these classes.
3. File vehicles.h should contain the definitions of the classes Vehicle, Car, Truck, Van, Tanker, and Flatbed. File vehicles.cpp should contain the implementations for these classes.
4. File verbose.cpp should contain the verbose versions of the various class implementations (both shapes and vehicles).
5. Create a client program for all of these classes in the file tracker.cpp.