Q. Causes of Risks
1) Wrong decision of what to invest in.
2) Wrong timing of investments.
3) Nature of instruments invested such as shares or bonds, chit funds, benefit funds are highly risky than bank deposits or P.O. Certificates etc. .
4) Creditworthiness of Issuer: Securities of government and semi government bodies are more Creditworthy than those issued by the corporate sector.
5) Maturity Period or Length of Investment: Longer the period, the more risky is the investment Normally.
6) Amount of Vestment: Higher the amount invested in any security the larger is the risk.
7) Method of investment, namely, secured by collateral or not.
8) Terms of lending such as periodicity of servicing, redemption periods etc.
9) Nature of industry or business in which the company is operating.
10) National and international factors, acts of god, etc.