Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
assembly language, Basic Computer Science
1) Polynomial Integrals
Problem: Write an X86-series assembly language program that calculates and prints out (in a nice form) the indefinite
integral of a simple polynomial.
Sample Execution: A sample execution of the program looks like the following.
Enter degree of polynomial: 2
Enter coefficient of xˆ2: 6
Enter coefficient of xˆ1: -14
Enter coefficient of xˆ0: 0
The polynomial entered is
The indefinite integral is
Indefinite Integral: The indefinite integral of a polynomial is easy to calculate. The integral of any polynomial is the
sum of the integrals of its terms. So, each term in the indefinite integral of the polynomial is calculated separately.
For a term in the polynomial axn, its indefinite integral is
axndx = a
n + 1
1. The indefinite integral of -12x5 + 12x3 + 24x2 is -2x6 + 3x4 + 8x3 + C.
2. The indefinite integral of 5x4 + 48x3 + 6x1 is x5 + 12x4 + 3x2 + C.
• Legal input will be 1 or more digits (0-9), optionally preceded by a sign (+ or -). Hitting enter on the keyboard
ends the legal input. Assume all input is correct (do not do error checking on the input).
• The maximum degree of the polynomial is 5. Again, assume all input is correct.
• The following procedures/functions must be implemented and used:
– get poly: a procedure that gets and places in an array the coefficients of the user entered polynomial. The
input parameter to the procedure is the address of the array (in memory). This procedure calls function
get int to get the coefficients from the user.
– put poly: a procedure that prints out a polynomial in a nice form. The input parameter to the procedure
is the address of the array containing the polynomial. This procedure calls print int to print out the
coefficients of the polynomial.
– get int: a function to get an integer. The single parameter to this procedure is the address of an integer
variable. The function uses the address as the location to place the integer it gets.
– print int: a procedure which prints out an integer passed to the procedure.
– integral: a procedure that calculates the indefinite integral. The procedure receives one parameter, the
address of the array containing the coefficients.
– Comment your program appropriately. Every procedure/function needs a header stating its function and
its input/output parameters.
• Limiting ourselves to polynomials of degree 5 (with integer coefficients) helps to make implementation of the
program straight forward. Use a 6 element array of integers to hold the coefficients of the polynomial terms.
Furthermore, the array index (starting with 0) is the degree of the term.
• A good place to start with with get poly and put poly. Then implement the integral procedure.
2) Binary Bomb
Problem: You are each assigned (see Table 1) a “binary bomb” included with this assignment. When run, it will
prompt you to enter a string. If the string is incorrect, the bomb explodes, printing an error message to the screen.
You are to use Microsoft’s debug.exe (or any debugger of your choice) to discover the string that will defuse your
particular bomb. Note, I have used a simple encryption on the string to ensure you cannot simply open the exe in
Notepad to get the solution.
You must also discover the effective address of the string in memory. Recall, that the DS register stores the
starting address of the data segment in memory, and an offset specifies the address relative to the DS register. This
offset is also referred to as the effective address. It is the effective address that is, for example, loaded when you
perform the following:
str1 db ’This is string #1$’
str2 db ’This is string #2$’
lea si, str2
The above code will load the offset into register si. In this case it would be 18 (12h) since there are 18 bytes assigned
• You know already know the DOS routine to output a string to the command line, use this to orientate yourself in
the disassembly. Similarly, I use INT 21, A to input a string from the user (see INT 21 DOS Function Dispatcher).
This will also help you to orientate yourself in the code. Finally, I output a carriage return and a new line feed
once the user has entered the string.
• I would find the place in the code where the first character of the string you entered is manipulated. Once
you find this, you can identify the method used to encrypt the characters in the string. From here, it should
be straight forward processes to find the password. Simply reverse the encryption process and start reading
Posted Date: 4/2/2012 8:44:09 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
assembly language, Assignment Help, Ask Question on assembly language, Get Answer, Expert's Help, assembly language Discussions
Write discussion on assembly language
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Library function, Library function : These are the functions supplied...
Library function : These are the functions supplied with the programming language. The code or definition of library functions does not have to be written in a user program w
Technology partnerships, Technology Partnerships: Such agreements prov...
Technology Partnerships: Such agreements provide the consumer un-limited access to vendor's technology. Such contracts are typically multi-year in nature where the consumer pa
OPERATING SYSTEM, WHAT IS MULTIPLE CONTIGUOUS VARIABLE PARTITIONING
WHAT IS MULTIPLE CONTIGUOUS VARIABLE PARTITIONING
On-line and realtime systems, On-line and Realtime Systems An on-line s...
On-line and Realtime Systems An on-line system means that input and output devices are directly connected to the CPU irrespective of geographical location. Thus the user can di
Computer, what is the first computer in this world
what is the first computer in this world
What is nanp? explain, Question 1 What is NANP? Explain Question 2 ...
Question 1 What is NANP? Explain Question 2 What is E&M signaling? Discuss in brief Question 3 What are the common custom calling features? Question 4 Expl
Telecommunications, Telecommunications: 'Data communications', 'Commun...
Telecommunications: 'Data communications', 'Communications technology', 'Computer telecommunications', Compunications', 'Telecomputing', etc., are just some of the terms we co
Excel, how to use excel..
how to use excel..
Editor and assembler, Editor and Assembler: To write a program in...
Editor and Assembler: To write a program in any of the programming languages requires an editor. This is a program that is used to create text files. While saving the p
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.