Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
ansrwe, Operation Management
What do you understand by “line balancing
Posted Date: 2/7/2013 12:49:17 AM | Location : USA
Ask an Expert
- Line: an assembly line composed of various work stations, at which particular operations are performed.
- To work efficiently, with no work pile-ups between stations, the line must be balanced, for example work must get through each workstation in roughly similar amount of time.
1. To meet production goals,
2. Maximize output.
General Approaches to Line Balancing Technique
1. Estimating number of operators for a specific number of stations,
2. Work element sharing: grouping “activities” each work elements into “stations” or jobs performed by a single person (occasionally multiple people work in concert at a single station or machine)
| Posted Date: 2/12/2013 7:28:41 AM
ansrwe, Assignment Help, Ask Question on ansrwe, Get Answer, Expert's Help, ansrwe Discussions
Write discussion on ansrwe
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Explain work-in-process and raw materials are needed, The Bawl Corporation ...
The Bawl Corporation supplies alloy ball bearings to auto manufacturers in Detroit. Because of its specialized manufacturing process, considerable work-in-process and raw materials
Explain current managerial ranks or be sought from outside, Should the plan...
Should the plant manager come from inside the current managerial ranks or be sought from outside?
Describe compare and contrast deming and crosbys views, Compare and contras...
Compare and contrast Deming and Crosbys views on the cost associated with a lost customer.
Determine the standard time by time study, 1. Is work measurement used in y...
1. Is work measurement used in your own organisation? If not, then give thought to how: alternative methods are compared; load is balanced with capacity; productivity is monitored;
Explain extensive evaluation of personal records revealed, President of Was...
President of Washington Enterprise and controlled 16 plants throughout the South. Extensive evaluation of personal records revealed the name Sid Smith, assistant plant manager in A
Explain what are the schedule and cost variances, I need to find the schedu...
I need to find the schedule and cost variances for a project Actual cost at month 16 = $540,000 Scheduled cost = $523,000 Earned value = $535,000 Provided this information,
Explain what role does tca play in the decision, 1. The chapter mentions th...
1. The chapter mentions the theory of transaction cost analysis (TCA). What role does TCA play in the decision to use a company sales force rather than independent manufacturers' a
Explain what are the challenges associated with erp system, Research ERP sy...
Research ERP systems by visiting the ERP company provider website of your choice (i.e., SAP, Ellucian, Oracle, Peoplesoft, Microsoft, Workday, etc.) Write an essay of between 750-1
Process capability index - asymmetrical positioning, Process Capability Ind...
Process Capability Index - Asymmetrical Positioning of the Process As stated earlier, the C p index assumes that the process mean is centred within the tolerance band, but, i
Activities and advantage that providing facility to customer, Consider the ...
Consider the Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland - it is unique, not part of a chain. It is a six star hotel with world class sports facilities with two championship golf courses, which h
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.