Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
ansrwe, Operation Management
What do you understand by “line balancing
Posted Date: 2/7/2013 12:49:17 AM | Location : USA
Ask an Expert
- Line: an assembly line composed of various work stations, at which particular operations are performed.
- To work efficiently, with no work pile-ups between stations, the line must be balanced, for example work must get through each workstation in roughly similar amount of time.
1. To meet production goals,
2. Maximize output.
General Approaches to Line Balancing Technique
1. Estimating number of operators for a specific number of stations,
2. Work element sharing: grouping “activities” each work elements into “stations” or jobs performed by a single person (occasionally multiple people work in concert at a single station or machine)
| Posted Date: 2/12/2013 7:28:41 AM
ansrwe, Assignment Help, Ask Question on ansrwe, Get Answer, Expert's Help, ansrwe Discussions
Write discussion on ansrwe
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Explain why are unions exploring new collaboration solutions, Why are union...
Why are unions exploring new collaboration solutions in the face of economic/work adversity, and how did Saturn's ambitious Quality of Work Life (QWL) program address these factors
Explain what are the causes of the quality problems, 1. What are the causes...
1. What are the causes of the quality problems on the Greasex line? Display your answer on a fishbone diagram. 2. What general steps should Hank follow in setting up a continuou
Define desired lot size, A firm that operates 300 days in a year and uses a...
A firm that operates 300 days in a year and uses a level material usage approach has collected the following data: Annual Demand = 30,000; Daily Demand = 100; Daily production= 300
Business ethics and corporate social responsibility, Explain the relationsh...
Explain the relationship among 'Business Ethics' and 'Corporate Social Responsibility' Ethics may be viewed as a set of moral principles that guide behaviour, based on what is
Process technology life cycle , Process Technology Life Cycle Process ...
Process Technology Life Cycle Process technologies have life cycles related to product life cycles as shown in figure below. Over time unit manufacturing costs diminish for ma
Explain interactive design mean, What does the concept of interactive desig...
What does the concept of interactive design mean for a service such as the adventure playground described here?
Explain what role does tca play in the decision, 1. The chapter mentions th...
1. The chapter mentions the theory of transaction cost analysis (TCA). What role does TCA play in the decision to use a company sales force rather than independent manufacturers' a
Explain the advantages of franchising, Of all the advantages of franchising...
Of all the advantages of franchising, which one would appeal to you as an entrepreneur? Which disadvantages would you dislike the most and why?
Generate an ld score for the current layout, 1. Develop an ld score for the...
1. Develop an ld score for the current layout. What problems can you identify with the current layout? 2. Use trial and error to come up with a better layout that lowers the ld
Explain differentiate between validity and reliability, Differentiate betwe...
Differentiate between validity and reliability of a selection test. In other words, provide definitions of (1) validity and (2) reliability of a test.
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.