1. Greater Design Freedom : Any changes that are required in design can be incorporated at any design stage without worrying about any delays since there would hardly be any in ain integrated CAM environment.
2. Increased Productivity: In view of the fact that the total manufacturing activity is company organization through the computer it would be possible to increase the productivity of the plant .
3. Greater Operating Flexibility: CAM enhances the flexibility in manufacturing methods and changing of product lines.
4. Shorter Lead Time : Lead times in manufacturing would be greatly reduced.
5. Improved Reliability: In view of the better manufacturing methods and controls at the manufacturing Turing stage the products thus manufactured as well as of the manufacturing system would be highly reliable.
6. Reduced Maintenance: Since most of the components of CAM system would include integrated diagnostics and monitoring facilities they would require less maintenance compared to the conventional manufacturing methods.
7. Reduced Scrap and Rework: Because of the CNC machines used in production and the part programs being made by the stored geometry from the design stage the scrap level would be reduced to the minimum possible and almost no rework would be necessary.
8. Better Management control: Since all the information and controlling functions are attempted with help of computer a better management control on the manufacturing activity is possible.