Sales are shipped FOB shipping point with credit terms n/45. You have verified that the last shipping number used in 2009 was 261,336 and that numbers were used in numerical order. Tolerable materiality is set at $500,000 for account receivable. You have asked for and received the following files related to account receivable, along with a file containing confirmation results.
File Name and Description Data Elements
All unpaid invoices at 12/31/2009 Customer No.
NSG Shipping Invoice Number
(Shipping number for each unpaid invoice) Ship No.
NSG Credit Customer No.
(Credit limit for each customer) Customer No.
(Results of the confirmation process. Invoice Number
There are four different Confirmed (Amount confirmed)
Confirmation files A, B, C and D) Comment (Explanation of the results of the confirmation
Use ACL to perform, or help perform, the procedures in the following audit program
Develop and turn in audit documents in the following order (property index each document for cross-referencing purposes):
The audit program with your initial and references filled in for each procedure.
A memo summarizing the results of the procedures (including the dollar impact of actual or potential misstatements) and identifying any additional procedures the results indicate should be performed. Be sure to provide cross- references to supporting printout and other documents
Appropriate printout that contain handwritten narrative explanations of each printout and its significance. Be sure to develop dollar information appropriate to each procedure to help identify the significance of any findings. Do not print out the entire Accounts Receivable or any related file. Extract only the items of significance.
Procedure Done by W/P Ref.
1. Foot the file and agree to the general ledger
2. Check for duplicate invoice numbers in the unpaid invoices and shipping files
3. Age the unpaid invoices and identify any unpaid invoices older than 45 days
4. Identify any customer balances that exceed the credit limit or for which there is no credit limit. (Customer number must be in ASCII format)
5. Perform a sales cutoff test
6. Determine if any customers have a negative balance and consider the need to reclassify those as liabilities.
7. Select a PPS (MUS) sample of unpaid invoices. Use tolerable misstatement (materiality) of $500,00 expected misstatement of $75,000 and a TD risk of 10%. There are four different files of confirmation results: A, B, C, and D. Your instructor will assign files to the class members. Combine the confirmation file with the sample file to determine the results of the confirmation process. Determine any misstatements and project the misstatements to the population.
8. Summarize the results of the above procedures and identify additional procedures those results indicate should be performed.