Objectives of Materials Handling
1. Reduction in Wastage of Machine time: Proper material handling system would ensure regular supply and distribution of raw materials and finished product. This will not create the problems of idling of machine and eliminate problems of wastage of machines time.
2. Reduction in Manufacturing Cycle Time : Keeping the loading time of machine at minimum enables the completion of manufacturing cycle at reasonably short time.
3. Avoid Disruption in Production Schedule : In mass production system all parts or metals must come in the assembly line in correct quantity and at precisely the right time to avoid risk of shut down.
4. Safety and safe working conditions : Correctly designed material handling system enables utilization of proper material handling device and training works in safe material handling practice. It is tangible saving in reduced insurance races payment of compensation and boost to worker moral.
5. Customer satisfaction : Regular market suppliers by avoiding disruption in production schedule, shortening manufacturing cycle time timely deliveries lead to customer satisfaction a key to business success.
6. Enhances Productivity and Avoids High Cost : Efficient materials handling system results in reduction in cost through various stops discusses above results in higher productivity .