Reference no: EM131142139
1) Sogeti USA LLC v. Scariano, 606 F. Supp.2d 1080 (U.S. Dist. Ct., D. Ariz. 2009);
Take away information: What is an assignment? What is a delegation? What can/cannot be assigned or delegated?
2) Cases assigned: read the Corliss case; and read the Lindh case.
What law flows from these cases? What "precedent" was relied upon by the courts in these cases? If the facts were slightly different, you can still "apply" the law from the case and try to analyze what a judge would do with the new facts, by applying the same law.
What is the holding in these cases? What is the rule for engagement rings in the "Lindh" jurisdiction? They are a conditional gift.
What is a conditional gift? How does it differ from other gifts? Know the difference between a donor and donee.
3) In the "Corliss" case, why did the judge find that the land owner has priority over the "finder" to keep the coins? What if the court had determined that the coins were abandoned property?
4) Kelo v. City of New London (2005). Why did the U.S. Supreme Court rule that the government could "take" land from these private landowners when the land would be turned over to other private developers and not for the government to use? What Constitutional provision is used in this case? Any precedent?
5) the Zimmerman v. Allen case. Why did the court uphold the will inZimmerman?