Reference no: EM131396636
Effective Techniques for Making Decisions
Having read Chapter 5 on decision making, learning, creativity, and entrepreneurship, you are now familiar with some of the techniques and tools that managers use for making good decisions or having good decisions in place. You should have a clear understanding of the difference between programmed and non-programmed decisions.
Post by Day 3 a 150 - to 500- word statement in the Discussion thread that answers both of the following questions:
· What techniques or tools can managers use to improve programmed and non-programmed decisions?
· Why are these techniques effective?
· Which techniques or tools would you use as a manager and why?
Support your work with specific citations from the Learning Resources. You are allowed to draw from additional sources to support your argument, but you must cite using APA standards. All quoted material must be identified, cited, and referenced per APA standards.
You are encouraged to enrich your posting with your personal examples, experience, or insights.
Edit your postings carefully for spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
Respond by Day 6 with at least 75 words each to two or more of your colleagues' postings in one or more of the following ways:
· Ask a probing question.
· Share an insight from having read your colleague's posting.
· Offer and support an opinion.
· Make a suggestion.
· Expand on your colleague's posting.
Please note that that you are expected to post and respond to class Discussions a minimum of 2 different days each week (1 day to submit your post, another to respond to your colleagues). Points will be deducted if you do not participate in the course Discussion on at least on 2 days during the week.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your posting and responses. Note what you have learned and the insights that you gained as a result of participating in this Discussion.
Application: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Looks to Future Beyond Windows
Having read Chapter 6 in your course text, you should now be familiar with the concepts of planning, strategy, and a competitive advantage. It is now time to examine the case ofof "Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Looks to Future Beyond Windows." See Chapter 6 of your course text.
Submit by Day 7 a 300 - to 700- word paper which answers all of the following questions:
· What kind of planning missteps helped cause Microsoft's decline over the past few years?
· How is Nadella trying to eliminate some of the bureacracy that has hurt the company's ability to innovate?
· What business strategies has Nadella implemented that will help revitalize the technology giant?
Application Assignments must be in APA style and format. Information on APA is available at the Walden Writing Center.