Reference no: EM13738378 , Length:
Corporate social responsibility is considered to be important to a manager's job because society expects managers and organisations to behave in socially responsible ways. You are to undertake a literature review discussing the role of corporate social responsibility in the modern organisation.
Your literature review should consider the following:
• What is corporate social responsibility?
• How do organisations define their social responsibility?
• What is the role of management in delivering on an organisation's corporate social responsibility?
• What are some of the ways an organisation can take up their corporate social responsibility?
• What are the arguments for and against organisations being socially responsible?
The literature review requires:
• A thorough research and treatment of the contemporary literature in the topic area.
• A range of references that should demonstrate breadth and depth of research.
• The incorporation of organisational examples as illustrative evidence.
• An ability to utilise the wider literature in constructing the narrative is displayed throughout.
• A display of critical evaluation and diagnostic skills in the choice of the data included.
• A display of critical evaluation in the choice of the information sources used.
• Appropriate and accurate use of the Harvard Referencing System.
You must use a minimum of 15 references:
• Text books: The prescribed text and at least 5 other text books
• 5 different academic journal articles
• 1 other source of your choice: Blog, newspaper, magazine or other Internet source
• No more than 1 reference may be general Internet based sources.
• Wikipedia is not to be used and does not count as an academic reference.