Reference no: EM131368822
Computer Hardware and Software Paper
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to understand what basic hardware and software components make up a computer. Students will research hardware components, operating system software, and application software to determine how they work together to process information. Students will use a word processing tool to demonstrate how to correctly format a paper in APA style using skills learned in readings and MindTap simulations.
Assignment Steps Resources:
• Internet search engine such as Google, Yahoo, or Bing
• Microsoft Office 365, Office 2016: Introductory. Module 1: Creating, Formatting, and Editing a Word Document with a Picture
• Microsoft Office 365, Office 2016: Introductory. Module 2: Creating a Research Paper with References and Sources
• MindTap: Week 1 Tutorials
Create a Microsoft Word document saved under the following format: Lastname Course# W1.doc.
Research computer hardware and software and how they work together to process user requests.
Develop a 1,050-word summary describing the role of hardware components and operating system software on a computer:
• Discuss what hardware components should be considered when deciding what applications to install.
• Sum up the key utilities in operating system software allowing users to customize their desktop and keep their PC maintained and optimized.
Include the following in the summary:
• Format paper using APA Guidelines found in the link Writing and Style Guidelines (APA) for 100-299 classes on the lower right side of the Class Home page.
• Use what you learned in Word Modules 1 & 2 to insert in-text citations and references using APA style.
• Use the Word Bulleted feature to list basic hardware components and define their function.
• Insert a picture or image of your PC, or one that you found on the intemet. Type the make and model of PC under the picture and apply Word features to bold and highlight.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines for 100-299 classes. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.