Reference no: EM131080929
Using Leadership to Improve Ethical Performance
At this point, you should have identified the leader you would like to interview. You should also have already contacted him / her and have scheduled an interview time / date. If not, do it as soon as possible. The intention of this assignment is to describe leadership skills, ethics, and communication which impact motivation and improve ethical performance.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Create five to seven (5-7) questions to ask your chosen leader to determine his / her views of motivation, ethical leadership and performance. Then, conduct the interview based on your selected questions.
HINT: The following are some examples of questions. Feel free to select them from here. However, we urge you to revise your Assignment 2 for some ideas of what you would like to know from an experienced leader.
- How would you define leadership?
- As a leader, what do you do when people on your team aren't pulling their weight?
- What is one of the greatest leadership challenges you have ever faced? What did you do? What was the result?
- How would you describe your communication style?
- Describe a situation in which effective interpersonal communication skills contributed to your success.
- Describe your personal actions by which you convey to your staff that ethics/ethical behavior is a high priority with you and that you also expect it to be a high priority with your staff.
- Related to the previous question, describe how your personal actions (demonstrating ethics is a priority) have impacted your staff and/or colleagues.
- Describe a situation where you recognized a need to communicate clear expectations for ethical practice. How did you recognize that expectations had to be clarified? What did you do or say to clarify the expectations?
- Analyze the leadership, motivation, and ethical values of the leader interviewed and assess its impact in the ethical performance of the organization.
HINT: You should summarize the answers that you gathered in your interview. Thereafter, you should compare and contrast his / her point of view about leadership with your own perception of it.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources you have located using the Strayer Library resources / data bases in this assignment.
- Note:Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource, and neither do web-based blogs.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the variety of motivational theories and job design considerations.
- Explain the variety of leadership theories and roles.
- Evaluate ways organizational culture can be managed and promote ethics in an organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in leadership and organizational behavior.
- Write clearly and concisely about leadership and organizational behavior using proper writing mechanics.