Reference no: EM131195524 , Length: 1500 Words
Task: In this assessment you are required to -
- Select a topic from the list given below and conduct research (based on literature, at least three recent research papers) and prepare a summary report with brief supportive descriptions to post on the forum/blog. In your posting you should provide information about the topic (discuss the topic, associated challenges & problems, describe the relevant technologies, applications of the technologies, clarify vague areas, research questions etc.)
- Provide constructive feedback for (at least two) cohort colleagues and receive feedback from (at least two) cohort colleagues on your own report and make refinements accordingly.
- Raise questions about the information provided by other students (this must be done in an adequately professional manner)
- Respond to questions raised about your own information and that of other students
- Contribute to discussions in general
Note that the aim of this task is:
1. to build an understanding and perspective of current hot topics in Information Security; and
2. to build generic skills including, but not limited to:
- a capacity for teamwork and collaboration;
- an ability for critical thinking, analysis and problem solving;
- information technology literacy;
- a capacity for lifelong learning and an appreciation of its necessity.
As such, the more you contribute to the development of these topics and related discussion the more likely you will score well in this task.
1. Digital signatures for secure e-commerce.
2. Biometrics for authentication: past. present and future.
3. Attacks against browsers and the potential countermeasures.
4. Recent trends in malware.
5. Signature-based intrusion detection systems.
6. Security and privacy issues of VoIP and Skype.
7. Privacy and security issues associated with Big Data.
8. Smart device security.
9. Internet of Things (IOT): Security issues and solutions.
10. Threats to wireless networks and countermeasures.
11. Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) security.
12. Security and privacy issues in cloud computing.
You are required to prepare and submit a report on your topic to address the following issues (Length of the report: 1500 words,
a. Provide your published (to the forum/blog) research report on the chosen topic with brief supportive descriptions about the challenges, problems, relevant technologies, applications of the technologies, clarification on vague areas and research questions.
b. Summarize the issues discussed in the forum (at least two peers). Discuss how your own posts contributed to this knowledge and discuss whether or not the summary presented by your peers is accurate.
c. Identify any important issue/s that you believe were not addressed, or not addressed adequately in the discussions. Discuss why you view this issue/these issues as important.
d. Discuss the impact of the above mentioned issues and their application/impact in the real world.
e. Reflect on what you believe to be the most important lesson you have learnt as a result of these discussions.
f. Provide references (at least three) using APA referencing system including in text citations.