Reference no: EM13738109 , Length: 6000 Words
Your final assignment in this module consists of:
• Part 1: HRM Consultancy Report
o Section 1: Organizational change scenario analysis (1,000 words)
o Section 2: Analysis of organizational solutions (3,000 words)
o Section 3: Conclusions (1,000 words)
You will prepare a consulting report that will follow this general outline:
Final Project: HRM Consultancy Report
• Section 1: organizational change scenario analysis (1,000 words)
Based on the assigned scenario and Individual Assignments from the units, students will prepare the first section of the HRM Consultancy Report, an analysis of the potential people management issues at play in the chosen scenario organization which should include the following elements:
o Describe the scenario organization and its upcoming transition: If your selected scenario provides options, explain the options that you will address. Mr. Akbar and his son have the option to leave or take on senior management positions. If you chose this scenario, state which option Mr. Akbar and his son will take. You may also wish to suggest additional choices not mentioned in the scenario brief and creatively provide other details as you describe your scenario. In addition, you may provide further context/details and selected options for your scenario, either based on your own experience and/or other case examples with which you are familiar. Just be sure to address the implications of these details as you propose solutions in Section 2 of the HRM Consultancy Report.
o An organizational analysis of the scenario:
- What organizational issues might the scenario transition create and what are the people management implications of this transition?
- What HRM approaches may need to be revised and/or new ones introduced?
Section 2: Analysis of organizational solutions (3,000 words)
Based on the assigned scenario, students will prepare the second section of the Report that will follow this general outline:
o Theoretical Analysis: Include an introduction critically analysing two or three OB/HR matrix relationships that are relevant within your scenario. Identify theories of organizational behavior relevant to the scenario and discuss what HRM approaches are associated and/or linked to these theories. How might the relevant theories be operationalized through specific HRM approaches/practices in the scenario (Unit 1)?
o Identification of Issues: List at least three key human resource issues that have the potential to impact the scenario for which you intend to propose solutions. One of your three issues should include how managers in the scenario organization will develop teams composed of employees from varying cultures and geographic locations effectively (Unit 4). Assume that one of the scenario organization's goals is to build a diverse workforce. Critically analyze the role of the adoption of diversity management initiatives in building a diverse workforce and what particular impact diversity might have to developing teams in your scenario organization (Unit 2). Consider issues of power and politics that may arise within and across teams (Unit 3) as a consequence of the pending changes in your scenario organization.
- Depending on the issues you chose, you might also wish to discuss how performance management systems could aid the organization in addressing these issues (Unit 5). Examples of other issues might include how to address recruitment and selection or training and development. Critically consider the organizational needs of the scenario (as well as any additional options or details you have chosen) and determine other issues that may be at play and how you might address them.
o Proposed Solutions to Issues: Describe your suggested solutions for addressing the three issues within the scenario organization. Your solutions should suggest approaches to organization and management that are appropriate for the scenario and should explain how organizational behavior theories are relevant to the solutions. Explain how your proposed HRM approach solutions are connected to organizational behavior(s).
- Provide an analysis and critique of the implications of each suggested solution (from item c above) for managers in the scenario organization. Are there implications of your suggested solutions for which the organization should plan? Are there potential stakeholder reactions that might need to be managed? Include a comparison of the solutions as appropriate.
• Section 3: Conclusions (1,000 words)
Write a conclusion summarizing thoughts on the solutions proposed and explaining how the implementation of the proposed solutions may impact organizational needs and managerial capabilities:
o Include potential impacts on employees' reaction or resistance to change and the people management issues that may result from the implementation
o Include any insights gained from completing the critique.
o Cite your references in Harvard format and ensure the work is properly checked for plagiarism.