>> HR Management
To demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to manage conflict in accordance with legal requirements.
Analyse the conflict situation discussed in the Industries Case Study (unresolved conflict situation).
Identify sources of conflict in the 1KL case study.
Analyse the causes of the conflict and outline a negotiation strategy and action/implementation plan to ensure conflict is resolved appropriately.
I. Review the 11(L Industries case study.
2. Develop a negotiation strategy.
3. Document the strategy and implementation/action plan in a written report.
Learners are required to:
• submit answers to questions
• submit a written report on managing the case study scenario including an action/implementation plan
Learners are required to:
• identify a conflict situation
• describe the basis for the conflict - what led to the conflict?
• identify appropriate documentation which might help clarify the issue
• identify expert or specialist advice (internal and/or external)
• describe what could be done to resolve the issue
• base solutions on organisational procedures and legislative requirements
• consider internal and external remedies
• develop a proposed negotiation strategy:
o what sort of agreement is desired?
o how you would advocate organisation's position with respect to organisational policy?
o communication processes
o training and development requirements
o human resources support
Preview Container content
In order for attaining the goals and objective and to satisfy the customers the company has to develop and implement an effective employee relation strategy. While analyzing the case we can able to understand that JKL Industries has not had a clear industrial relations policy or strategies in the past. There has been a tendency to manage issues on an ad hoc basis rather than drive the business through long-term industrial relations objectives. So it is the right time for the company to introduce an productive strategy which helps to retain the employees for a long period of time. Consultative mechanism can be called as an effective tool which helps the management to manage the employee relations in an productive way.
We know the fact that most of the international business organizations are using this strategy for implementing new changes and polices in an active way. While analyzing the case of JKL industries we can able to understand the relationship between employees and senior management was not in proper way and it is directly affecting the day to day operations of company ( Burgess 2014). With the support of consultative mechanism the management can able to collect the information from all the employees and they can effectively manage the employee issues in an speedy way. The cost incurred for consultative mechanism process is less and it will be highly useful for the management for attaining the goals and objectives in an easy way. The company can also use the strategies such as;
While analyzing the example of Brazilian based company SEMCO group we can able to understand they successfully implemented the strategy of discussion forums for satisfying the employees in an productive way. In the case of JKL industries the company can use discussion forums for understanding the major issues faced by the company in an effective way.