Reference no: EM13732016
Evaluate and determine the marketing mix:
This Assessment Task is due on the date specified by your assessor. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor. Submit this document with any required evidence attached. See specifications below for details.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability, knowledge and skills to evaluate each Component of the marketing mix and determine a suitable marketing mix for a specific product/surface and its target market.
The candidate is to write a report on the Braaap organization. The report should address the key characteristics of the product and estimate their significance to the market. The promotion methods and each component of the marketing mix. Assess the marketing mix that Braaap has selected for its specific market and evaluate their combined contribution to the organization marketing objectives and strategies.
1. Research the Braaap organization at: Braaarp, viewed June 2010. <http://www.braaap.com.au>
2. Identify the key characteristics of their products and services and their significance to the market.
3. Review pricing policy and analyse pricing variables to determine their effect on demand.
4. Analyze the impact and importance of the following elements to market outcomes.
a. the promotional methods
b. the channels of distribution
c. the level of customer service provided.
5. Identify Braaap's potential customer base and key pressure points for success in reaching them.
6. Establish the components of the marketing mix. Include information on how each element of the marketing mix has been used, their significance to each other and their relevance to the customer base.
7. Identify external environment factors and assess their potential impact on the marketing mix.
8. Identify consumer priorities, needs and preferences and the way they impact the marketing mix.
9. Evaluate new products or services against marketing objectives, target market characteristics and desired positioning.
10. Assess the marketing mix in relation to the organizational, strategic and operational marketing objectives. Select the most appropriate mix and explain your decision.
11. Write a report covering all the above points.