>> Case Study
This assessment bring together all the topics covered in this unit and gives you the opportunity to apply what you have learned to a destination of your choice.
The task is to demonstrate you can critically think about the theories and conduct the research skills you have learned about in this unit and apply them to the practical tourism functions or situation occuring at a particular tourism destination place or region, i.e. to identify what is actually occuring or being practised at a place, and relate this to the theoretical concepts introduced in this unit.
1. Identify a tourist destination region (TDR) that you are familiar with or have recently visited. This selected TDR will be used as a basis for you to compare and contrast relevant theories introduced in the unit to practical aspects of the TDR.
2. Your essay should commence with an introduction that identifies the TDR and the theoretical concepts that you are going to use, compare or contrast with regard to how they relate to the practical aspects of the TDR.
3. The body of your essay then needs to be written around an argument that considers and critically discusses your selected TDR in relation to these theories and according to the following criteria:
- provide an overview of how tourism has developed in your TDR (ensure you link your discussion to theories introduced in Topic 5 - Places in tourist itineraries)
- identify and explain what factors make the TDR attractive to visitors (ensure you relate your discussion to theories introduced in Topic 4 - People as tourists and Topic 8 - Tourist attractions). Your discussion should identify and explain the main visitor markets that visit the TDR (support your discussion with relevant visitation statistics)
- identify and explain the role of a specifc tourism or hospitality industry in your TDR - for example, conferences, events, tour operations, accommodation, restaurants (refer to Topic 9 - Tourism industries). Note: You are required to select an industry sector relevant to your degree program, for example, Conventions and Events, or International Tourism & Hospitality Management, or other if applicable
- explain if principles of sustainable tourism are evident within your TDR (ensure you relate your discussion to theories introduced in Topic 6
- Tourism environments and Topic 7 - Sustainable tourism)
- conclude your essay with an overview of the main findings of the critical review of the TDR you have selected to analyse.
4. You are required to search for, find and use at least 5 tourism academic reference sources, i.e. academic books and/or academic articles published in academic journals to discuss the theories in relation to your TDR. You also need to use specific references about your TDR or a comparable situation (which may include industry, web and academic sources, e.g. WTO or regional statistics, national or local government tourism information). It is mandatory to reference the textbook and at least 2 of the unit Readings for this essay however these references are not counted as part of the minimum 5 academic sources required. Thus, aim for at least 10 references in total for your essay. IMPORTANT NOTE - 5 marks will be deducted from your final mark if the textbook and 2 unit Readings are not included as references.
5. Include a reference list which conforms to the Harvard Style as per the Harvard Referencing Guide available
6. Assignment reflection and Turnitin Report - attach a copy of your Turnitin Orginality Report for this assignment and provide a 100 to 200-word reflection of how your information literacy skills may have been enhanced through this assignment.
Note: You should not approach the management or staff of tourism and hospitality organisations involved in the TDR that you have selected for this assessment. This assessment requires you to personally consider the TDR and conduct desk-top research to relate the practice at the place with the theories introduced in this unit.
In-text and Reference list please make sure use HARVARD REFERENCING STYLE.
Because this time the assessment 3 with before assessment 2 have some contact. assessment 2 is annotated bibliography, need to choice destination.
Then I will send for you. I was choice destination is Brisbane. so when you start please ready my annotated bibliography because have some link. thank you very much!
Preview Container content
This report aims to provide the tourism destination definitions, and importance to tourism sector. The tourism destination region is defined as a place that has potential to attract the people and tourists to visit. The attractions can be concept, object, person or place that draws people to come to that place. There can be cultural and natural artefacts that can pull tourists to that place. The importance of tourism destination region can be understood with the general benefits of tourism that apply to the TDR as well. The most revealing advantage is the employment that tourism destination centre creates. There can me hotel staffs, tour guides, coach services and restaurants staffs. That promotes a local industry that is dependent mainly on the tourism. In fact there are many countries whose prime earning comes from tourism industry.
The money enthused by tourism sector brings in many advantages and one is keeping the living of standards of people high. The local people invest the money earned by tourism in the local economy and make it more robust and liquid and in return, they make their life more sophisticated.