+1-415-670-9189
info@expertsmind.com
Hydraulic behaviour in open channel
Course:- Civil Engineering
Reference No.:- EM13395




Assignment Help
Assignment Help >> Civil Engineering

Task - 1

i- Describe how test flumes and associated equipment are used to assess and confirm hydraulic behaviour in open channel.

1-How such test equipment is used and set-up?

2-Purpose of such tests?

3-Types of tests that can be conducted

4-Measuremnt types made and data obtained

ii-Explain why a downstream apron(and often also a stilling basin)should be installed with a flow measurement weir?

iii-Source information and details of a current meter and explain how the device allows a measurement of the average velocity of flow in a channel.

Task - 2

i-Source detail and information of two hydro-electric scheme,one high head and the other low head. Describe the differences of the turbines used and engineering complexity of the two scheme

ii-Explain why hydro-electric power generation is more popular in current times. Specify (Five) significant merits and disadvantages of such scheme.

iii- Describe three different types of weir available and assess their relative merit in terms of costs, accuracy of measurement and suitability to various open channel situation?




Put your comment
 
Minimize


Ask Question & Get Answers from Experts
Browse some more (Civil Engineering) Materials
A system consists of a gas confined between a cylinder and piston such that work and heat may cross the boundary. What type of system is that? What type of system is a free bo
a river diversion canal discharges into a concrete flume of rectangular section running down a steep slope. the walss and the floor of the flume are to be 300 mm thick, and
A 600 MW power plant has an efficiency of 36 percent with 15 percent of the waste heat being released to the atmosphere as stack heat and the other 85 percent taken away in
The coefficient ofrestitution between each car is 0.8 . Determine the final velocityof each car, after all impacts, assuming (a) cars A and C hit Car Bat the same time, (b) ca
A company issues corporate bonds that have a coupon rate of 4%, pays dividends quarterly, and has a term of 10 years. Compute the dividend paid per quarter for each bond.
At the proportional limit, a 32-mm-thick by 87-mm-wide bar elongates 10.2 mm under an axial load of 532 kN. The bar is 2.4 m long. Poisson%u2019s ratio, , for the material is
Due to a leak in Pump Station 1,the Alaska pipeline is shut down briefly.The pipe line is half full.Assume the pipe is welded horizontally at its midpoint.What is the tensile
ten kilograms of saturated liquid water at 5 bar is heated in a piston-cylinder assembly at constant pressure until temperature reaches 400 degrees C. A. Show the process on