Reference no: EM131417577
Assignment: Exporting Best Practices
In Chapter 9 of Mastering import and export management, there is a description of best practices that all freight forwarders should observe in exporting products and services. The chapter also describes best practices that exporters themselves should observe to avoid relying too heavily on freight forwarders in complying with U.S. export regulations. One area of specific concern since the U.S. 9/11 terrorist attack has been "dual use items" (e.g., cell phones being used to detonate explosive devices).
Write a two to three page paper in which you:
1. Identify two items that could fall under the category of "dual use items."
2. Determine how you, as the exporter, would incorporate best practices within your company and in your relationship with your freight forwarder to successfully manage the export of the items you selected in compliance with U.S. export regulations.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Examine the impact of import / export compliance and security management post 9/11.
• Evaluate export management in terms of INCO, documentation, and export supply chain management skills set.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in exporting and importing.
• Write clearly and concisely about exporting and importing using proper writing mechanics.