Reference no: EM132184596
Written Assignment - TV Ads
WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT -- This paper should be approximately 3-4 pages in length.
For this assignment, you will need to watch one hour of prime-time network television (with commercials). Make sure you will be able to give the full hour your undivided attention. You will need a watch or clock with a second hand.
1. What program/network did you watch?
2. In a one-hour (full 60 minute) period, how many minutes were devoted to advertising? How were they distributed throughout the hour?
3. List the advertisers.
4. How many commercials were 60 seconds long? 45 seconds? 30 seconds? 15 seconds? Why do advertisers use different lengths?
5. In a group of commercials, do you feel that one position was the strongest? Was being first the best? Was being last the best? Why?
6. How well did the commercials fit with the program? Did the program and the advertised products have similar target groups?
7. Any other learnings or observations you care to discuss?