Reference no: EM132184666
Assignment: In this Assignment, you will be assessing the quality of services provided by hospitals. Likewise, you will also assess how these hospitals can improve their organizational performance.
1. Using the Medicare Hospital Compare website, research two hospitals varying in quality performance*
• One hospital should display a high level of quality
• One hospital should display a low level of quality
2. Provide a general overview of each hospital (e.g., name, location, bed size, ownership, etc.)
3. Discuss the quality performance differences between hospitals (e.g., survey results, deficiencies, complaints, services provided, value, etc.)
4. Discuss how the first hospital is able to yield a high level of quality.
5. Discuss opportunities for the second hospital to increase their level of quality.
6. Synthesize how each hospital could potentially increase value to their existing services.
7. Report your findings by using one (1) of the methods below:
• 3-4 page paper excluding front and back matter (APA standards apply).
• Internal organizational memorandum.
• Power Point presentation for a Board of Directors (10-12 slides; speaker notes as needed to support assertions).
• 7-10 minute public service announcement (using a free online voice recorder such as vocaroo.com)
• Video newscast (using a free online video recorder such as YouTube.com) (e.g., entertainment talk show, television commentary, interview-style, news reporting, etc.).
• The use of first person is permitted for this Assignment (excluding option 1). APA formatting (e.g., title page, conclusion, font size, etc.) should not be used if you choose to complete the memorandum, infographic, PSA, or newscast.
• Although the use of APA formatting is not required for this Assignment, proper grammar, spelling, and an APA formatted reference list of sources are expected.
You can select any to hospitals published on the Medicare Hospital Compare website. You will need to research the database until you locate two hospitals that vary in performance measures. To narrow your selection, consider researching hospitals in your community, previous places of residence, employers, competitors, or even hospitals you would like to network with someday.