Reference no: EM131366367
Case Study - Supply Chain Challenges at LeapFrog
1. Draw a map of the supply chain for LeapFrog, including the retailers, Capable Toys, and suppliers of key materials (i.e., Tyvek). Which supply chain partners are upstream of LeapFrog? Which are downstream? Which partners are first-tier suppliers? Second-tier suppliers?
2. What data ultimately led to LeapFrog's decision to increase production levels of the LittleTouch LeapPads? Where did these data come from? How long after interpreting these data did LeapFrog start talking with Capable Toys about increasing production levels? Was it days, weeks, or months?
3. What part of the production process limited output lev-els at Capable Toys? How did Capable respond to the challenge?
4. What were some of the material sourcing challenges Leap-Frog and Capable Toys faced? How did they resolve these problems?
5. What type of logistics solutions did LeapFrog use to get the toys to the stores on time? What are the strengths and weak-nesses of these solutions? If it had been August rather than December, what other options might LeapFrog have used?
Attachment:- Case Study.rar