Reference no: EM132136454
ASSIGNMENT: CANDIDATE QUESTIONS
Areama has decided that she wants another person's perspective on the issues that she faces. She has asked you, a respected colleague, to answer the following questions to help her get that needed input:
1. Does the diversity present in HOC's top management team likely to impact its functioning and effectiveness? Answer and explain why or why not?
2. Does HOC's top management suffer from group think? Explain in detail. Be sure to give examples from the fact pattern to support your ideas.
3. Identify the primary sources of stress that the associate members of the design team are experiencing.
4. Explain how some of these stresses have led to the turnover and law suits.
5. Are there differences between the perception of senior client managers and associate managers as to management policies and practices? If so yes if not, why not?
6. Areama would like you to give her three recommendations that are likely to resolve HOC's turnover and legal commitment issues. Explain the justification for each one.
Source: Adapted from a Case entitled "Managing Commitment in Demanding Jobs" found in "Organizing Behavior: Improving Performance and Commitment in the Workplace" by Jason A. Colquitt, Jeffery A. Lepine, Michael J. Wesson McGraw-Hill/Irwin New York NY 10020, 2013. Page 551 .
Attachment:- Case Study.rar