Reference no: EM13730492
After the Civil War and by the mid-20th century, the United States had become the dominant force in international relations. Some have argued that the United States' military functions as the world's "police." This assignment covers the manner in which this shift occurred and the consequences the United States faces as a result of its status as "policemen of the world." Using the Internet, research two (2) real-life international incidents from the past five (5) years in which:
• The U.S. used military action abroad.
• Controversy existed within the American public regarding U.S. involvement.
• Controversy existed within the country or countries affected by U.S. involvement.
For the first part of this assignment you will create a thesis statement. A thesis statement is usually a single sentence somewhere in your first paragraph that presents your main idea to the reader. The body of the essay organizes the material you gather and present in support of your main idea. Keep in mind that a thesis is an interpretation of a question or subject, not the subject itself. (Note: Please consult the Purdue OWL Website with tips on how to construct a proper thesis
1. 1 or 2 sentences. Discussing the significance of two (2) international incidents since September 2001, where the US military has been actively fighting overseas. (Note: since Sept. 11, 2001 is a change from the Assignments instructions in Blackboard).
2. Discuss two (2) or three (3) international events since September 11, 2001, where the US military has been actively fighting overseas.(Note: since Sept. 11, 2001 is a change from the Assignments instructions in Blackboard).
1. Discuss three (3) aspects of US history (since 1865) that contributed to the US becoming a military superpower.
2. Discuss three (3) to five (5) international incidents since World War Two (since 1945), where the US military was actively fighting overseas.
3. Discuss the driving forces, or the motivation, for the US getting involved in the international incidents you discussed in point 3 above.
4. Use at least four (6) references (on Reference Page).