Diagnostic Writing Sample Part 2 - Guided Article Summary
Previously you selected and read an article. By creating a detailed summary of the article you will evaluate your needs as a writer. Be sure to take notes on your article to help with this assignment. You may write these notes down by hand, type them into the computer, or use a graphic organizer. Your notes will guide you as you write your summary.
For this assignment, write a summary paragraph about your chosen article. The summary should include:
- An introductory sentence that identifies the title of the article, who wrote it, and the main idea of the article.
- At least 3-5 body sentences that identify supporting details and any questions the article left unanswered.
- A sentence that comments on the effectiveness of the article's conclusion.
- A concluding sentence that restates the main idea and provides closure for the paragraph.
- An APA style citation for the article. For more information on APA, click on the Resources tab in this course.
- Use of appropriate, standard grammar and mechanics, as well as careful proofing. The final product should be relatively error-free.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendarfor specific due dates.