Reference no: EM13736209
1. Demonstrate effective communication by composing writing that communicates ideas, meaning and/or argument in a format that broadly follows conventions in the information systems field.
2. Apply technology and online skills to locate relevant information for the assignments, analyse the presented problems and data, and engage in the use of the resources provided through the course site as well as USQ library.
The CEO of the organisation (as specified in Assignment A) read through your submitted document and felt that there is some merit in pursuing the options suggested by you. The CEO wanted you to explore the options provided by you in depth so that ‘personal health records' can be managed in his organisation, initially as a pilot project. The CEO provided a time total limit of 12 months (in the form of a pilot project) to explore the suggestions provided by you in Assignment A, and asked you to provide an implementation strategy within 90 days. The 12 months include the 90 days.
The CEO is very interested in two specific aspects, namely - Information technology infrastructure required to implement the project and achieving operational excellence. These aspects are covered in the textbook from chapters 5 - 9. In addition to these two key aspects, the CEO would like your expert opinion on enhancement to decision making as well as managing a global market. These two additional aspects are to look into the future as the business expands beyond the 12 months to a period of an additional 24 months.
Trough your report (Assignment A), the CEO understood that Personal Health Record consists of many issues to consider, policies to be developed or modified at organisational level, and new investments to be made to manage data security. The CEO appreciated the contents of the report and made a number of suggestions to improve the report so that it aligns with his organisation. Your markers will give this in the feedback form. For the purpose of this assignment, recognising the delay in sending this feedback to you, we ask you only to provide how the feedback can be addressed. See point 1 below under ‘Submission Components'.
In this assignment component, you are required to research a solution path for:
1. An implementation strategy for the project as a pilot;
2. A comprehensive analysis of information technology infrastructure required to conduct the pilot project;
3. Strategies to achieve operational excellence through the pilot project, and the key measurement criteria to provide evidence to achieving operational excellence through your solution;
4. A discussion on how your solution would enhance decision making in the organisation within the scope of this project; and
5. How a global market can be managed in the future so that the organisation can expand.
The scope of this assignment is restricted to the following submission components:
1. Provide a report as how will be able to address the feedback provided by the CEO in your initial report (Assignment A) - 750 words
2. With this refinement (as in point 1 immediately above), analyse and discuss your solution path for the 5 points stated above (2000 words)
3. Provide a cost analysis to implement the pilot project. The cost analysis will have at least three cost models (best, medium, worst case scenarios)
4. Provide a detailed justification to the costs considered in the cost models and state why you chose those cost elements, and how they align with your solution path for the pilot project (750 words)
The above components are presented to the CEO, therefore need to be precise, succinct and meaningful. The CEO also asked for your initial report and the feedback packaged as an appendix and attached so that he can recollect the salient points of the report you submitted and the feedback given to you. This should be in the appendix, in pdf format.
The assignment should be thoroughly researched, with evidence provided through references. The CEO is keen to see a well argued case, highlighting insights as to the key aspects, and would like to see strong points arguing your case as to the infrastructure requirements and strategies for achieving operational excellence.
The CEO also wanted to see a report on the work schedule, and would like to see the time committed and spent in producing this report (Assignment B), and map this to a costing structure in terms of fee schedule. This is to be attached as an invoice.
The assignment will have three additional components in addition to the key aspects.
1. A cover letter stating the fee, resource and time schedule -
2. A time and resource schedule as to the infrastructure requirements -
3. An executive summary -
The report is provided to the CEO of the organisation and needs to be top class in presentation. You have absolute freedom in all other aspects. Please note that there is no need to attach a plagiarism report. However, the markers will be instructed to verify that the content is original. If discrepancies are found, your work will be marked with zero, and you will be referred to the faculty for ‘academic misconduct'.
Therefore, you are encouraged to check your written document for any potential plagiarism or collusion issues.
Any delays in submission MUST be accompanied with proper approval documentation, despite the course leader approving this. So please attach the approval to this assignment as markers may not have access to delay approvals. If the approval documentation is not found, late penalty, as per university rules, will be levied.
Assignments MUST be submitted via the link provided. If they are not submitted via the link, then it is assumed that submission was made. If the assignments were submitted in other locations, it is very difficult to track them, as the course team have no access to other locations.