Reference no: EM131010687
I - Directions-
Policies are guidelines established for pursuing goals and shaping behavior. Supervisors must know, interpret, and enforce policies. Examine your current organization and workplace to identify issues that dictate the need for formal policy development (such as frequent violations of procedures or rules, problems of productivity/quality/schedules, frequent complaints from customers or employees, behavioral inconsistencies, etc.).
• In two pages, provide an overview of the issue(s).
• Discuss (1) why a policy is needed, (2) your proposed policy for effectively addressing the issue and, (3) how you would present that policy to your supervisors as well as those directly affected by your proposed policy.
• To ensure confidentiality you may use fictitious names for individuals and organizations
II - Directions
Identifying Policy Needs - Outline for Supervisors' Policy and Procedure Manual
Creating an Overview of Expectations for Supervisors
I. Develop the outline for your Supervisors' Policies and Procedures Manual for Supervisors.
• Your outline should reflect each of the areas your research revealed as relevant to managing and leading in the healthcare organization or facility you selected for your course project.
• For guidance in completing this assignment, search the Internet for examples of actual policies and procedures manuals for health care supervisors.
• In addition, you may seek guidance by visiting a local health care facility and interviewing one of its human resources managers, leaders, or other associated personnel.
The key is to ensure that, beyond the general policies and procedural information topics:
• You identify and incorporate issues that are not currently addressed by a formal policy but dictate the need for a formal policy.