Reference no: EM13855567 , Length:
Read chapter 2 and review chapter 5 in Literacy Development in Early Childhood:
Reflective Teaching for Birth to Age Eight.
1. Environmental Print
Read "Environmental Print" on the Sharon MacDonald website.
http: //www.sharonmacdonald.com/environmental-print. aspx
2. Arizona Early Learning Standards
Review Arizona Early Learning Standards, and other early teaming standards for your state.
1. Lesson Plan Templates
Review the "Lesson Plan Templates," located on the College of Education site in the Student Success Center.
2. Taskstream Resources
Review the Taskstream resources found on the College of Education site in the Student Success Center. Students should become familiar with these resources to facilitate the submission of applicable assignments to their Taskstream account.
Emergent Literacy Activities
Create two activities to be used to enhance emergent literacy, one for infants and one for toddlers.
Use the format of one of the "Lesson Plan Templates" as a resource for each activity and include the following:
1. Explanation of the activity - what the child is expected to do and what the teacher will do;
2. Clear, measurable learning objectives that align to early learning standards (RS) as well as your state's subject standards;
3. Relevant materials and resources including visual or audio resources;
4. Explanation of how the activity can be modified to address the needs of individual learners; and
5. Description of how the activity helps in the development of emergent literacy. Provide specific examples.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Discussion Question 1
What would you consider the three most critical reading or writing standards? Why?
Discussion Question 2
Explain how you will use your knowledge as well as early literacy standards to create meaningful and challenging curriculum for each child?