Create decision tree and calculate expected monetary value

Assignment Help Operation Management
Reference no: EM13106132

Superior Products Inc. is considering two potential equipment alternatives for production of their best selling product line. Option 1 involves proven equipment: Fixed cost investment of $800,000 Variable cost of $45/unit. Option 2 involves developmental technology: Fixed cost investment of $1,200,000 Variable cost of $30/unit. 1. The marketing department has made the following sales estimates: Favorable: 40,000 units sold at $80/unit with a 60% probability. Unfavorable: 15,000 units sold at $80/unit with a 40% probability. Draw a decision tree and calculate the Expected Monetary Value (EMV). Which Option would you recommend based on this decision tree analysis? Please show work. 2.The Finance Division agrees with the sales estimates of the Marketing Division. However, Finance would like some sensitivity analysis include by using the following probabilities: Favorable: 40,000 units sold at $80/unit with a 30% probability. Unfavorable: 15, 000 units sold at $80/unit with a 70% probability. Do not redraw the Decision Tree. Would these new probabilities change your recommendation? Why or Why not? Please show your work.

Reference no: EM13106132

Determine the minimum width of the displayed letter strokes

Assume you are going to give a presentation to about 30 people in a medium sized room. In order to maximize the contrast, you used black letters on white background in your sl

Calculating the mad, mse, and mape

The Cardinal Electronics Company must project the sales of cellular phones for the next year (called year 2). The number of cell phones sold by Cardinal Electronics in each of

Determine the expected value of perfect information

Mary Decker is thinking of suing the manufacturer of her car because of a defect that she believes caused her to have an accident, and kept her out of work for a year.

Explanation for negotiating pay and benefits

Use the internet to research how an interviewee or a current employee might negotiate better pay and/or benefits. Consider using a search term like "negotiating pay and benefi

Discuss advantages and disadvantages of end user computing

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of end-user computing and determine if this is an application that should be progressively pursued. Explain your rationale.

Simple minimizing process velocity

Recently some Operations Management experts have begun insisting that simple minimizing process velocity, which actually means minimizing the time that it takes to process som

Briefly explain main points of clinical documentation study

Briefly explain the main points of the Clinical Documentation study.(In other words, how will this information affect your work as a Health Information professional?

Describe an approach to business diversity program

Describe an approach to a business diversity program that would be pragmatic and ethical. he definition of diversity rests on a valuation of differences across different group

Reviews

Write a Review

 
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd