>> PL-SQL Programming
Assignment - Vulnerability Discovery and Analysis
Reading and viewing prior to beginning the assignment:
- Denial of Service
- Attack Timing
Lab Objectives - This activity will address module outcome 1. Upon completion of this activity, you will be able to: Identify and analyze vulnerabilities with automated vulnerability scanner.
In this lab, you will identify a malicious process and then extract the malicious code from the provided system memory using the Volatility Framework that is used by cyber-security professionals globally.
This week we will work with vulnerability identification and analysis. We will leverage an automated vulnerability scanner tool, OpenVas, to scan our target on all TCP ports to identify weakness and cross-reference the results for open ports, running services, and low hanging vulnerabilities we identified in previous lab activity using Nmap. We will sort and export the results and update our table that we started with the Nmap result. The table will be used as a guide to track and help us methodically validate each discovered port, service, and vulnerability for opportunities to take advantage of them and gain system access in the following week, which is focused on exploitation.
Lab Instructions -
Review the provided video for this module and any related reference (OpenVas manual)
Download, install, setup OpenVas vulnerability scanner
Perform a vulnerability scan of the provided Metasploitable target with the specified parameters
Configure the "Scan Task" with your name: Example: Vel Pavlov
Save the scan results in appropriate format to help you update the table with Nmap results. Save the report with your name. Example format VelPavlov.CSV
Update the table with results with the newly discovered vulnerabilities from OpenVas. You will be adding on to the table with results from the Nmap activity. You need to add columns for:
- Vulnerability - brief description
- CVE Reference - Example, CVE-2017-2932
- CVSSv2 or 3 provided by the OpenVas - Example, 7.5
- Fix/Recommendation - usually provided by the Vulnerability Scanner. Example, patch to the latest version. The recommendation will be specific to the vulnerability.
Next week, exploitation, you will add the following columns to the table with results
- Exploit - what is the exploit you used to gain access to the system or escalate privileges
- Exploit Success - was the exploit successful or not
Example table with contents.
Lab Deliverables -
- Make sure each full-screen screenshot is accompanied by a brief explanation of the results, file, etc.
- If you upload only screenshots without explanation, you will receive "0" points for the assignment.
- Do not upload just screenshots or you will receive "0" points for the assignment.
- If you do not upload full-screen screenshots, you will receive "0" points for the assignment.
- Full-screen screenshot showing the configuration for the OpenVas scan with your name (all TCP ports, full and fast scan, against the Metasploitable VM).
- Full-screen screenshot showing the completed scan with your name.
- Full-screen screenshot showing the saved report with results with your name.
- Updated Nmap table with results with the vulnerability information as specified in the "Instructions" section of this lab.
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.) and save it frequently to your computer.
Attachment:- Assignment File.rar
In this assignment we have perform analysis of metasploit. I have download the VMware for linux metasploit. Here ,I have done analysis of vulnerability and also install openvas and configure openvas .And finally done analysis and find the vulnerability.