+1-415-670-9189
info@expertsmind.com
Analysis of a company using data from its annual report
Course:- Finance Basics
Reference No.:- EM131041478




Assignment Help
Expertsmind Rated 4.9 / 5 based on 47215 reviews.
Review Site
Assignment Help >> Finance Basics

The Final Paper will involve applying the concepts learned in class to an analysis of a company using data from its annual report. Using the concepts from this course, you will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the company and write a report either recommending or not recommending purchase of the company stock.

Research Tip: The "Mergent" database in the Ashford University Library contains company profiles and financial information for publicly traded companies and their competitors.  To access this database enter the Ashford Library and select "Find Articles and More" in the top menu panel. Next, select "Databases A-Z" and go to section "M" for "Mergent". For help with using Mergent, use Mergent Online Quick Tips.

For help with reading an annual report access this handy guide from Money Chimp.

The completed report should include:

    • An introduction to the company, including background information.   
    • A complete and thorough financial statement review.
    • Pro Forma financial statements (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) for the next fiscal year, assuming a 10 percent growth rate in sales and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) for the next year.
    • Complete ratio analysis for the last fiscal year using at least two ratios from each of the following categories:
        • Liquidity
        • Financial leverage
        • Asset management
        • Profitability
        • Market value 
          • A calculation of Return on Equity (ROE) using the DuPont system.
          • Assessment of management performance by calculating Economic Value Added (EVA).
          • A synopsis of your findings, including your recommendations and rationale for whether or not to purchase stock from this company.



Put your comment
 
Minimize


Ask Question & Get Answers from Experts
Browse some more (Finance Basics) Materials
For each of the following 4-groups of companies, state whether you would expect them to distribute a relatively high or low proportion of current earnings and whether you woul
Tarheel Co. plans to determine how changes in U.S. and Mexican real interest rates will affect the value of the U.S. dollar.a. Describe a regression model that could be used t
It has been argued that shareholder wealth maximization is not a realistic normative goal for the firm, given the social responsibility activities that the firm is “expected”
4-A company has five applications for two positions: two women and three men. Suppose that the five applicants are equally qualified and that no preference is given for choo
Today the common stock of Gresham Technology closed at $24.60 per share, down $0.35 from yesterday. If the company has 4.6 million shares outstanding and annual earnings of $1
What opportunity is open to an arbitrageur when a 180-day European call option to buy 1 Euro for $1.3083 costs $0.02 per Euro? Assume the size of forward and options contrac
Suppose you know that there is a 40 percent probability that Microsoft will be selling for $22.50 three months from now and a 60 percent probability that it will be selling fo
Suppose the US dollar and Euro interest rate for the next one year are 1.5% and 2%, respectively. Both are annually compounded. The spot price of Euro is $1.3000, and the on