Adding a line for producing a special onion flavored

Assignment Help Operation Management
Reference no: EM13760724

Keisler Enterprise is considering the option of adding a line for producing a special onion flavored tofu over the next year. In fact, there are 2 ways to do this. The first way is using spare capacity on an existing line and modifying the process by hand. The second is to set up a brand new line. It would cost 5,000$ to set up the existing line after which each pound of onion toddu would cost $1,000 to produce, up to maximum 1,500 units. It would cost 10,000$ to set up a brand new line after which each pound of onion tofu would cost $0.50 (up to maximum of 2,500 units) to produce up to the point of sale. The onion tofu will be sold at $2. if the onion tofu is unpopular , it will only sell 8,000 units. if it is somewhat popular it will sell 15,000 units. If its very popular it will sell 24,000 units. There is a 10% chance the product will be very popular, a 50% chance it will be somewhat popular and a 40 % chance it will be unpopular. Should KE add no line at all, should they use spare capacity or should they set up a brand new line? 

Reference no: EM13760724

What is the average time that customers wait in the line

A small grocery store has a single checkout line. On Saturdays, customers arrive at the checkout at the average rate of 7.5 per hour (according to a Poisson distribution). The

Company terms like cutting class and crash pad

How people address each other, what metaphors they use (sports, military, family), jargon, levels of formality, is integral in the formation of communication, and therefore cu

Assessment of the nature of cheating by business students

Managerial Report Prepare a report for the dean of the college that summarizes your assessment of the nature of cheating by business students at Rocky University. Develop 95%

Write a journal entry that explores the topics

Write a journal entry that explores the topics or assignments covered in this module. Topics include: project planning, project managment systems, Example question: What kinds

Assignment on organizational behavior discussion

Share 2-3 examples of where you stand in your own behavior at work or school within the spectrum of terminal vs. instrumental values. Point to specific details and actions.

Is this suretyship or guaranty agreement

Air Ruidoso, Ltd., operated a commuter airline and air charter service between Ruidoso, New Mexico, and airports in Albuquerque and El Paso. Suppose that a clause in the contr

Presentation on decision-making process

The CEO, knowing that professional logistics expertise has been missing from her organization, has asked you to prepare a PowerPoint Presentation of 10-15 slides for the res

Union-management relations instructions

Video Case: Union-Management Relations (UPS) Instructions: Read the video case in your textbook, titled Union-Management Relations (UPS), and then watch the corresponding vide

Reviews

Write a Review

 
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd