Data on the network is analogous to possessions of a person. It has to be kept safe from others with malicious intent. This purpose ranges from bringing down servers on the network to using people's private information like credit card numbers to sabotage of major organizations with a presence on a network. To protect data, one has to ensure that it makes sense only to those for whom it is meant.Now, This is the case for data transactions where we want to prevent eavesdroppers from listening to and stealing data. Other aspects of security which involve protecting user data on a computer by providing password restricted access to the data and maybe some resources so that only authorized people get to use these & identifying miscreants and thwarting their attempts to cause damage to the network among other things.
The different issues in Network security are as follows:
1. Authentication: We have to check that the person who has requested for something or has sent an e-mail is indeed allowed to do so. In this method we will also look at how the person authenticates his identity to a remote machine.
2. Integrity: We have to check that the message which we have received is indeed the message which was sent. Here CRC will not be enough because somebody may deliberately change the data. No one along the route should be able to change the data.
3. Confidentiality: Nobody should be able to read the data on the way so we need Encryption
4. Non-repudiation: Once we sent a message, there ought to be no way that we can deny sending it and we have to admit that we had sent it.
5. Authorization: This refers to the kind of service which is allowed for a particular client. Even though a user is authenticated we may decide not to authorize him to use a particular service.
Email based Computer Science assignment help - homework help at Expertsmind
Are you searching Computer Science expert for help with Network Security questions? Network Security topic is not easier to learn without external help? We at www.expertsmind.com offer finest service of Computer Science assignment help and computer science homework help. Live tutors are available for 24x7 hours helping students in their Network Security related problems. We provide step by step Network Security question's answers with 100% plagiarism free content. We prepare quality content and notes for Network Security topic under computer science theory and study material. These are avail for subscribed users and they can get advantages anytime.
Why Expertsmind for assignment help
- Higher degree holder and experienced experts network
- Punctuality and responsibility of work
- Quality solution with 100% plagiarism free answers
- Time on Delivery
- Privacy of information and details
- Excellence in solving computer science questions in excels and word format.
- Best tutoring assistance 24x7 hours