History of Theory of Computation
- In the year 1936 Alan Turing invented Turing machine, and proved that there exists an unsolvable problem.
- In the 1940's the stored-program computers were built.
- In the 1943 Pitts and McCulloch invented finite automata.
- In the year 1956 Kleene invented regular expressions and proved equivalence of regular expression or limited automata.
- In the year1956 Chomsky described Chomsky hierarchy, which organized the languages recognized by the different automata into the hierarchical classes.
- In the 1959 Rabin and Scott introduced nondeterministic finite automata and proved its equivalence to finite automata.
- 1950's-1960's more works on grammars, languages, and compilers
- In the year 1965 Hartmantis and Stearns defined time complexity, and Lewis, Hartmantis and Stearns defined space complexity.
- In the year 1971 Cook showed the 1st NP-complete problem, the satisfiability prooblem.
- In the year 1972 Karp Showed many other NP-complete problems.
Email based Automata assignment help - homework help
The study of automata is an important area of theory of computation. Students feel trouble in solving automata questions. We at www.expertsmind.com offers Automata assignment help - Automata homework help and online tutoring with best qualified and experienced computer science tutor's help. We cover all topics including History of Theory of Computation in assignment help - homework help service. Get solved problems in automata theory with step by step answers anytime from expert tutors at expertsmind.