Data Link Layer
This layer provides reliable transmission of a packet or data by using the services provides by the physical layer which transmits bits over the medium in an unreliable manner. This layer is concerned with:
1. Framing: Breaking input data into frames (typically a few hundred bytes) and caring about the frame boundaries and the length of each frame.
2. Acknowledgment: Sent by the receiving end to inform the source that the frame was received by the system without any error.
3. Sequence Numbering: To recognize which frame was received.
4. Error Detection: The frames could be damaged, missing or duplicated leading to errors. The error control can be done by link to link basis.
5. Retransmission: Packets are retransmitted if the source fails to receive acknowledgment.
6. Flow Control: Necessary for a fast transmitter to synchronize with a slow receiver.
Email based Computer Science assignment help - homework help at Expertsmind
Are you searching Computer Science expert for help with Data Link Layer questions? Data Link Layer topic is not easier to learn without external help? We at www.expertsmind.com offer finest service of Computer Science assignment help and computer science homework help. Live tutors are available for 24x7 hours helping students in their Data Link Layer related problems. We provide step by step Data Link Layer question's answers with 100% plagiarism free content. We prepare quality content and notes for Data Link Layer topic under computer science theory and study material. These are avail for subscribed users and they can get advantages anytime.
Why Expertsmind for assignment help
- Higher degree holder and experienced experts network
- Punctuality and responsibility of work
- Quality solution with 100% plagiarism free answers
- Time on Delivery
- Privacy of information and details
- Excellence in solving computer science questions in excels and word format.
- Best tutoring assistance 24x7 hours