DB Projects Help >> Distributed Database Management Systems
Centralized management of distributed database (DDBMS) manages the database as if it were stored on the same computer. The DDBMS synchronizes all data regularly and, if several users need to access the same data, ensures that updates and deletes performed on the data in one place is automatically reflected in the data stored elsewhere.
Users and administrators of a distributed system should be a good implementation to interact with the system that the system was centralized. This transparency allows the desired functionality in such a structured system with no special programming requirements, allowing a variety of local and / or removes tables to access at any time through the network.
Four types of DDB design
Unshared, not replicated
Exposed to emulate
Partitioned, to emulate
Advantages of DDBMS
- It reflects the organizational structure
- Improved capacity shares
- Improved availability
- Improved reliability
- Best performance
- The data are closer, but the biggest question for the site and are spread to meet the business needs.
- Faster access to data, because only users to work with a subset of data stored locally.
- Data processing faster because the data is processed in several different places.
Facilitating growth: can add new sites without jeopardizing the operations of other sites.
-Better communication, because the local sites are smaller and closer to the clients.
- Reduced operating costs: it is more cost effective to add workstations to a network rather than upgrade a mainframe system.
- User-friendly interface with easy to use graphical interface.
- The cases less than a single point of failure, because the data and the workload is divided among the workstations.
The independence of the processor -: The end user can access any copy of the data.
Disadvantages of DDBMS
- Increased cost
-Integrity control more difficult,
-The lack of standards,
Database design more complex.
- The complexity of management and control. Applications must be recognized as the location of the data, and must be able to put together information from different sites.
- A technically difficult: data integrity, transaction management, concurrency control, security, backup and recovery, query optimization, access path selection is all things that need to be addressed.
- Decade of safety is increased in cases where the data is in different places.
- Lack of standards due to lack of communication protocols can perform the processing and distribution of data difficult.
- Increased storage and infrastructure for multiple copies of data are needed in different places, which require more disk space.
- Increased costs due to greater complexity of the training.
- Requires duplication of infrastructure (personnel, software and licenses, the physical location / environment), and these can sometimes offset the savings exercise.
DBMS Assignment Help - Homework Help at Expertsmind.com
Experts at Expertsmind.com offers DBMS homework help, DBMS assignment help and projects help with best online support from qualified and experienced DBMS tutors. We provide optimized database problems and solutions, university assignments and best online tutor for database management course help. Our expert tutors have proven their excellence and we have done many projects in database management system. Find your database question's answers here at Expertsmind.com by just one step ahead by submitting your homework.