Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Mathematics
With their fence in place, Zack and Clint set to work landscaping yards. Since Clint did the majority of the actual landscaping and planting, he worked on the average more hours than Zack.
As the business prospered, the owners decided to each take shares of stock rather than taking cash from the business. They agreed on the stock split described here. You need to help them calculate some statistics about their business and to help them reconcile their bank account.
1. They determined that it would take $50,000 to begin the business. Zack put in twice as much money as Clint. How much money did each of the owners invest initially?
2. Here is the division of stock that Clint and Zack agreed upon.
Total Shares: 1,250
Total value of shares: $35,890
Zach received his amount of shares that were valued at $29.70 each. (Use X to represent the number of shares he received.)
Clint received his amount of shares that were valued at $27.80 each. (Use 1,250 – X to represent the number of shares Clint received.)
• How many shares did each receive?
• What is the total value of Zach’s shares?
• What is the total value of Clint’s shares?
3. Using the results you found above, determine what percent of stock each owner now has.
4. At the end of the second year in business, their accountant told them that they had realized a 15% increase in sales for the second year, a total of $50,074. What were their first year’s sales?
5. Office expenses for year one was $2,769.30. In the second year they spent $2142.19. What was the percent decrease in office expenses? Round to the nearest tenth of a percent.
6. Income on plant sales alone was $1,416.13 in the second year. Zack and Clint want to increase that income by 19% for the following year. What dollar amount of increase in plant sales will they need to meet their goal?
Posted Date: 2/17/2013 4:44:20 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns Discussions
Write discussion on Solving equations and/or word problems for the unknowns
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Regression, regression line drawn as Y=C+1075x, when x was 2, and y was 239...
regression line drawn as Y=C+1075x, when x was 2, and y was 239, given that y intercept was 11. calculate the residual
Arithmetic/Geometric Sequences and Binomial Expansion, Find the 35th term o...
Find the 35th term of the sequence in which a1 = -10 and the common difference is 4.
Precalculus, A=30, B=45, b=4
A=30, B=45, b=4
Linear programming, Consider the following linear programming problem: M...
Consider the following linear programming problem: Min (12x 1 +18x 2 ) X 1 + 2x 2 ≤ 40 X 1 ≤ 50 X 1 + X 2 = 40 X
Permatuation and combination problem, A student is allowed to select at mos...
A student is allowed to select at most n-blocks from a collection of (2n + 1) books. If the total number of ways in which he can select a book is 63, find the value of n. Solution
Find x if one ball is drawn at random from the box, A box contains 12 balls...
A box contains 12 balls out of which x are black .if one ball is drawn at random from the box what is the probability that it will be a black ball ? If 6 more black balls are pu
Indeterminate forms, Indeterminate forms Limits we specified methods fo...
Indeterminate forms Limits we specified methods for dealing with the following limits. In the first limit if we plugged in x = 4 we would get 0/0 & in the second limit
What is dividing fractions, What is Dividing Fractions? If you want to ...
What is Dividing Fractions? If you want to divide two fractions, you invert the second fraction (that is, turn it upside-down) and change the division sign to a multiplication
What is the area covered through the motion of the fan, The arm of a ceilin...
The arm of a ceiling fan measures a length of 25 in. What is the area covered through the motion of the fan blades while turned on? (π = 3.14) The ceiling fan follows a circula
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.