Would the total bond interest expense be greater than

Assignment Help Accounting Basics
Reference no: EM131130613

1. On July 1, 2010, Rossillon Company issued $4,000,000 face value, 8%, 10-year bonds at $3,501,514.This price resulted in an effective-interest rate of 10% on the bonds Rossill on uses the effective-interest method to amortize bond premium or discount. The bonds pay semiannual interest July 1 and January 1.

Instructions

(Round all computations to the nearest dollar.)

(a) Prepare the journal entries to record the following transactions.

(1) The issuance of the bonds on July 1, 2010.

(2) The accrual of interest and the amortization of the discount on December 31, 2010.

(3) The payment of interest and the amortization of the discount on July 1, 2011, assuming no accrual of interest on June 30.

(4) The accrual of interest and the amortization of the discount on December 31, 2011.

(b) Show the proper balance sheet presentation for the liability for bonds payable on the December 31, 2011, balance sheet.

(c) Provide the answers to the following questions in letter form.

(1) What amount of interest expense is reported for 2011?

(2) Would the bond interest expense reported in 2011 be the same as, greater than, or less than the amount that would be reported if the straight-line method of amortization were used?

(3) Determine the total cost of borrowing over the life of the bond.

(4) Would the total bond interest expense be greater than, the same as, or less than the total interest expense that would be reported if the straight-line method of amortization were used?

Reference no: EM131130613

Operation of the partnership prevail

aesar and Junius orally agreed to become partners in a food testing business. one-half of $80,000, the reasonable value of Caesar’s services during the operation of the partn

Average issue price of each type of preferred stock

During the third year, Walland Corporation paid total cash dividends of $736,000. A. b. c. Compute the amount of cash dividends paid during the third year to each of the thr

Screening for stocks with low price-to-earnings ratios

One concern when screening for stocks with low price-to-earnings ratios is that companies with low P/Es may be financially weak. What criterion might an analyst include to a

Company cost of goods sold

Knox Manufacturing Company reported the following year-end information: beginning work in process inventory, $270,000; cost of goods manufactured, $1,074,000; beginning fini

Prepare the appropriate general journal entry to record

Carpenter Gems began the year with a net pension liability of $84 million (underfunded pension plan). Prepare the appropriate general journal entry to record Carpenter's pensi

What are the at-risk amounts for paul and amanda

Paul invest $10,000 cash in an equipment leasing activity for 15% ownership share in the business. The remaining 85% owner is Amanda. Amanda contributes $10,000 and personal

Journal entry for admission of partnership

For each of the following independent cases, prepare the journal entry that was made to record the admission of Shaw into the partnership.

Calculate the expected cash balance at the end

Minimum cash balance is $2,500. Cash can be borrowed in $1,000 increments from the local bank (assume no interest charges). Calculate the expected cash balance at the end of

Reviews

Write a Review

 
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd