Reference no: EM131168487
Short Story Review of the Chrysanthemums by John Steinbeck
1. Did you enjoy reading this work? Why or why not?
What motivated you to read through to the end, or reread it (besides the fact that it may be required for a class)?
2. What was your initial impression of the work's purpose?
Is it entertaining, informative, didactic (teaching a lesson), philosophical, argumentative, or some combination of these?
Do the title, division headings, and opening lines give precise indications of the purpose or subtle or symbolic clues, or misleading impressions of the whole work?
3. Did your first impressions change between your reading of the beginning and end? If so, why?
In the following steps, start to think more formally about why you have certain expectations about this type of literature and how this work uses literary techniques to create the impressions or effects or messages you have noticed in reading it.
4. Has your reading of this work been enhanced in any way by your personal experience, (What have you learned from this work that could enhance your own life and work or what has happened to you in the past that you can see applies to this work?)
5. Do you agree or disagree with the ideas or values presented in the work? Why?