Reference no: EM13874057 , Length:
Prepare a memorandum and answer the three questions in the last page Subject: Legal & Ethical Issues in Management
1. Prepare a memorandum outlining the legal and ethical issues raised by the foregoing facts in the attached case entitled "Tyco International: Leadership Crisis". Include in the memo legal and ethical considerations mid strategies for resolution. The main purpose is to spot the issues; knowing what the issue is in some sense more important than knowing the answers. It is okay to say that the answer is not clear; in such a case, present both sides of the argument, then say which argument should prevail, and why. State any and all assumptions, but do not spend valuable space on non-issues or extreme tangents. If you need further factual information to assess fully the legal issues, note what additional facts you need to know and how those facts would affect the outcome. Be sure to explain the principles of law and ethics you are applying and your reasoning.
2. After you have dealt with the issues in this case as required above, answer the three questions at the end of the case.
Please remember that your answer is limited to 1500 words, double-spaced, in 12-point font.
1. What role did Tyco's corporate culture play in the scandal?
2. How did Dennis Kozlowski have the opportunity to steal $137 million in unauthor-ized bonuses?
3. Why is Kozlowski, now a prisoner for a long time, unrepentant about his conduct as CEO of Tyco?