+1-415-670-9189
info@expertsmind.com
What is the probability
Course:- Basic Statistics
Reference No.:- EM135




Assignment Help
Assignment Help >> Basic Statistics

Questions: (Genetics) in a population of n diploid organisms with alternate dominant allele A and recessive allele a, those inheriting aa will not survive. Suppose that, in the population the number of AA individuals is , and the number of Aa individuals is n-α  . Suppose that, as a result of random mating m; (m > 2) offspring is produced. 

(a) What is the probability that at most two of the offspring are aa?

(b) For 0 <= i <= m, what is the probability that exactly i of the offspring are AA and the remaining are all Aa?




Put your comment
 
Minimize


Ask Question & Get Answers from Experts
Browse some more (Basic Statistics) Materials
What does the error of estimation tell us about the results of a study conducted using probability sampling?- What happens to the error of estimation as one's sample size incr
If Jasmine and Joshua have three children, what is the probability that all three have blood type O? What is the probability that the first child has blood type O and the ne
An accepted standard deviation for LSAT scores is 125. A random sample of 25 scores had an average of 1,375. Assume a significance level of 0.05. State the appropriate null
The project manager wishes to set the due date for the completion of the project so that there is a 90% chance of finishing on schedule. Thus, there would only be a 10% chan
Draw the histogram for these data using an initial class boundary of and a class width of . Note that you can add or remove classes from the figure. Label each class with it
Imagine that you are managing a project that involves the development of a new football stadium that will support both the Balitimore Ravens & Washington Redskins (similar t
Develop a forecast of enrollment next semester using exponential smoothing with an alpha = 0.2. Assume that an initial forecast for the first semester was 120.
If the number of recalls in a given month is above more than one standard deviation from the mean, the federal government issues a special warning directed toward parents. W