What is the bv of the asset at the end of the first year

Assignment Help Econometrics
Reference no: EM13214035

The "Big-Deal" Company has purchased new furniture for their offices at a retail price of $100,000. An additional $20,000 has been charged for insurance, shipping, and handling. The company expects to use the furniture for 10 years (useful life = 10 years) and then sell it at a salvage (market) value of $10,000. Use the SL method for depreciation to answer these questions.
a. What is the depreciation during the second year?
b. What is the BV of the asset at the end of the first year?
c. What is the BV of the asset after 10 years?

Reference no: EM13214035

Previous Q& A

  Law of noncontradiction-personal daily struggle

Essay exploring a personal daily struggle that is an example of the law of noncontradiction and the challenges posed to your beliefs and decisions. Use a minimum of two readings from this course to enhance your discussion.

  State the enthalpy change when 1 mole of ammonia gas

What is the enthalpy change when 1 mole of ammonia gas is decomposed into its elements?

  Explain monoprotic acid dihydrogen pthalate

monoprotic acid. Dihydrogen pthalate (H2C8H4O4) is a diprotic acid. An analyte sample contains 0.127 M KHP and 0.0678 M (H2C8H4O4). What volume of a 0.205 M NaOH solution is required to neutralize 25.0 mL of the analyte solution.

  What is the devices vb at the end of four years

Suppose that after depreciating the device for two years with SL method, the firm decides to switch to the double declining balance depreciation method for the remainder of the device's life (the remaining three years). What is the device's VB at ..

  In what ways was it a man''s world in the nineteenth century

In what ways was it a man's world in the nineteenth century? How much has changed today? In what ways did the changes in woman's role in the early nineteenth century represent an improvement or a deterioration from earlier conditions.

  What is the required rate of return on stock

What is the required rate of return on stock and what is the stocks current price - What is the best estimate of the stocks current market value?

  Compute ?h for the solution process

When a 3.25 g sample of solid sodium hydroxide was dissolved in a calorimeter in 100.0 g of water, the temperature rose from 23.9 °C to 32.0 °C. Calculate ?H (in kJ/mol) for the solution process: NaOH (s) → Na+ (aq) + OH- (aq)

  How to give the hypothetical elastisicites

You have been hired to predict the effects of increasing the price of itunes songs by 10% from .99 cents to $1.09. You are interested in the effects of the price hike on the number of songs downloaded legally from itunes the number of songs downlo..

  What type of party system

What type of party system does the U.S. have, and, as a result, what is likely to happen to the Tea Party and why?

  The process of psychotherapy

During the process of psychotherapy, Elaine recovered some long-forgotten and painful memories from her childhood. This experience led her to conclude that these memories must have been repressed for many years.

Reviews

Write a Review

 

Similar Q& A

  Find the expected number of repairs for the appliance

For the past four years, Armonco Manufacturing has been offering a three-year limited warranty on all appliances it manufactures. Although all appliances are given a unique serial number when manufactured, until this year Armonco had no capability

  Why to not calculate final pw calculation

Lane college in Jackson, Tennessee is considering the conversion of an abandoned church pew manufacturing plant adjacent to the school's campus into a 34,000 square foot building to house the campus bookstore, a conference center, a small business..

  Calculate the money supply and the currency deposit ratio

Suppose that currency in circulation is $600 billion, the amount of checkable deposits is $900 billion, excess reserves are $15 billion, and the required reserve ratio on checkable deposits is 10%. Calculate the money supply, the currency deposit r..

  What is the equilibrium price and quantity in the market

The widget market is competitive and includes no transaction costs. Five suppliers are willing to sell at the following prices: $30, $29, $20, $16, and $12. Five buyers are willing to buy one widget at the following prices: $10, $12, $20,$24, and ..

  How much money would a typical consumer save each month

You are an assistant to a senator who chairs an ad hoc committee on reforming taxes on telecommunication services. Based on your research AT&T spends $15 million on related paper work and compliance costs. Depending on the locale, telecom taxes ca..

  Who among the three will make the investment

Alvin's utility function is U(W) = W. Barry's utility function is U(W) = W^2. Carl's utility function is U (W )= sqrt(W) . Each has wealth of only $100. An investment of that $100 has a 10% chance of netting $1,000 and a 90% chance of netting a lo..

  What is the producer surplus for an individual firm

Calculate the equilibrium price and quantitiy in the chocolate market. How much does a firm of each type produce Calculate the consumer and producer surplus What is the producer surplus for an individual firm of each type

  Draw a histogram of household size variable

Draw a histogram of household size variable. On the histogram, mark in the mean and median. Comment on the shape of the distribution and what are the mean and standard error of your sampling distribution

  Calculate the unemployment rate

The following table gives the joint probability distribution between employment status and college graduation among those either employed or looking for work (unemployed) in the working age U.S. population for 2008.

  What is the price of leisure for the players

Assume the players are monopolists, but the teams are competitive in the labor market. Calculate the marginal revenue product of labor (MRPL) and find the equilibrium wage and quantity of labor.Find the equilibrium wage and quantity of labor.

  What output level will yield the largest possible profit

What is the marginal cost per unit for the first 50 units $ per unit for the first 50 units. What is the marginal cost for units 51 and higher? $ per unit for subsequent units. For each of the first 50 units, does MR exceed MC For the units 51 and..

  What is the multiplier for a lump-sum tax

What is the equilibrium level of income?  Is there an inflationary or a deflationary gap? Why? What is its magnitude? What is the value of the government expenditures multiplier?  What is the value of G that would move the economy to full employment ..

Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd